Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:41 PM   #1
rex3
macrumors member

Exclamation Time Capsule sparsebundle already in use error

I have a recurring problem with Time Machine where I keep getting this error message:

The backup disk image “/Volumes/[name of] Time Capsule/[computername].sparsebundle” is already in use.

My backup disk is a Time Capsule. I got this to go away by renaming the Time Capsule and starting a new backup, and it worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then the error returned.

I've also been getting error messages that another computer on the network is already using my computer's name (when that's not true) and that another computer on the network is using my IP address 10.0.0.x. The network router is the Time Capsule, and I have the network extended with an Airport Express.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
rex3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion