Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to take two video sources (namely, two webcams) and mix them into one picture-in-picture live stream, which I can then use as a source of its own.

To put it another way, I want to Skype — and I want the person on the other end to be able to see both my cameras at once. On the Windows side, there's ManyCam which does exactly what I'm looking for and more (for free, too), but their Mac version is abysmal.

I've found another program, CamCamX which does what I'm looking for if I shell out $60.

Surely there is another way. Any ideas?

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
I believe that software is very cheap, you won't find something cheaper. The solution I had was $400 at least. It is not a common thing you want to do.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
For the inevitable future person who comes stumbling upon this thread for an answer...

I found a program called CamTwist. It's free and does exactly what I'm looking for. It has a variety of effects, including merging two video sources into one. So when I go into Skype, I just select CamTwist as my video source, and boom -- everything I see in CamTwist is presented to the viewer on Skype.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.