Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 26, 2013, 07:47 AM   #51
saberahul
macrumors 68040

It came really fast but recently I've started noticing lag. I have nothing running in the background and even then the page swipes tend to freeze every now and then. May have to do a restore.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 07:53 AM   #52
cynics
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skika View Post
No it doesnt.
I get some lag on my 4S on occasion. Nothing too terrible but its there.

I think it depends on how you use your phone. I probably get 500 or so text a day and that seems to provoke some lag.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberahul View Post
It came really fast but recently I've started noticing lag. I have nothing running in the background and even then the page swipes tend to freeze every now and then. May have to do a restore.
Restore from new then do an iCloud restore on the phone. I do this every 6 months or so and it helps quite a bit. I also get back a lot of that "other" data.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:26 AM   #53
BoostDeuce
macrumors member

Mine has some hiccups, moreso lately and it really is getting old.

I'll click the power button on top to wake the phone. Nothing happens. Wait 3-5 seconds, click the home button. Screen comes on 2-3 seconds later, and takes a screenshot, even though the button presses were about 5 seconds apart.

And sometimes, it takes 3-5 seconds between when I click the power button and when it actually shuts the screen off.

Clicking the home button sometimes takes 2-3 seconds before it actually goes to the home screen.

These don't always happen, but for a phone that ive only had for like 3 months, and having only 4.5GB of storage used, I would think it would stay faster. there is no reason for it to have these hiccups.
BoostDeuce is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:59 AM   #54
LaunchpadBS
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
This is highly disingenuous. The 4S lags like hell at this point and doesn't even have enough RAM to keep a couple of Safari pages open without having to reload.
I suggest you restore your phone, sounds like you have way too much...um...stuff on there.

I have no probs whatsoever, even with iOS 7, so there
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:04 AM   #55
aenflex
macrumors newbie

I've had mine since early Feb. I have not noticed any slowness or lag that plagued my last device, Galaxy S3.
aenflex is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:57 PM   #56
beeh
macrumors regular

It's more laggy than the iphone 4 in my experience, also the battery life doesn't seem as good as the 4. It's still a good phone though ( of course that's all relative - I'm sure a high-end android phone would be good too ).
beeh is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:02 PM   #57
Bacong
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Bacong Send a message via MSN to Bacong
No, it's not. I mean it has been a few times, but we're talking literally a handful of times.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:06 PM   #58
ValerieDurden
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeh View Post
It's more laggy than the iphone 4 in my experience, also the battery life doesn't seem as good as the 4. It's still a good phone though ( of course that's all relative - I'm sure a high-end android phone would be good too ).
It is impossible for the 5 to be slower than the 4 come on now.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:07 PM   #59
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Never have noticed a lag on my wife's iPhone 5.
ucfgrad93 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:55 AM   #60
Tyrion
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaunchpadBS View Post
I suggest you restore your phone, sounds like you have way too much...um...stuff on there.

I have no probs whatsoever, even with iOS 7, so there
So your 4S never force-reloads tabs in Safari?
Tyrion is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:35 AM   #61
cynics
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
So your 4S never force-reloads tabs in Safari?
I'm sure his does but that's not exactly "slowness" it just slows down the process of using the app. I believe the OP was talking literal slow downs in function.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:05 PM   #62
Tyrion
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
I'm sure his does but that's not exactly "slowness" it just slows down the process of using the app. I believe the OP was talking literal slow downs in function.
Sure, the reloads and the occasional stuttering are different problems. I'd argue that neither would be "fixed" if I were to restore my phone, as the previous poster suggested. These are simply hardware limitations, especially the forced reloads, which are due to a lack of RAM. Though it's curious - back when I had a Tibook G4 with only a gig of RAM I also had countless open tabs, none of which ever refreshed without my say-so...
Tyrion is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 04:14 PM   #63
BasicGreatGuy
macrumors 68000

I have had my iPhone 5 for less than 2 weeks, and find it to be much faster than the 4s I had. I haven't noticed anything untoward.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 04:33 PM   #64
Beyinsis
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidder View Post
That depends... how long will you keep your 5?

1 or 2 years = no-brainer, buy
more than 2 years = wait for 5S

Thats because iOS will get 'bigger', meaning more features will suck CPU and RAM and that will slow down your phone. iOS6 runs incredibly smooth, iOS7 will do too, but iOS8? I'm not so sure about that.
I think so 5s will be same 1 gb ram so when ram capacity will be an trouble for 5 will trouble for 5s too
Beyinsis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
iphone 5, performance, speed