Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
As I was checking out at Walmart earlier this evening, I saw a soda maker called SodaStream. It look fairly interesting. Has anyone here used/own one? What are your thoughts?

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
As I was checking out at Walmart earlier this evening, I saw a soda maker called SodaStream. It look fairly interesting. Has anyone here used/own one? What are your thoughts?

I.

If you tap water is of good quality, and if you like soda water (I do) then get one.

But if you live in a place were bottled soda water is available then I wonder if you really safe money as the local bottled variety is quite cheap - and the CO2 refills are quite expensive.

But that is just my thought.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
I believe bottled water is sold everywhere.

Looks interesting I wonder if there is any savings over buying pre bottled pop.

scarrab666

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
Sydney
The Memories...

These were huge in the UK and part of most peoples childhoods (or at least of my vintage) in the UK... Buy it, you won't be sorry, but you will get fatter... :)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
How so? Water has 0 calories, same for C02.

But the syrup you can use to flavour the water does.

Like scarrab666 says, these were huge in the 1980's, we had one... tap water, a squirt of syrup and then whoosh.... fizzy pop. It was like voodoo. :cool:

Get busy with the fizzy. :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm not a fan of them. My cousin was in that generation that had them as kids, so we bought her one for her birthday recently. The "cola" flavour one was awful, just tasted like shop brand coke! When it's £2 for 4 litres of regular Coca Cola then I don't see the point in spending more for a Sodastream.

I hear other flavours are better though.

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
My friend had one of these when we were kids. We didn't use the branded syrups, we just used fruit cordials from the supermarket. Just as good.

jeremy h

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
Would you like a Breville toastie to go with that?

Cor! Now you're talking - and how about some Angel Delight for pudding?

A baked bean Breville Toastie followed by Angel delight and a clear run at a fully gassed up Sodastream - it's stuff of dreams for a 10 year old! And who says the British can't do haute cuisine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.