Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IndianSherlock

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2013
Can you sumarize

Thanks, MR, that clarified it for me!

Hi i think you got-rid of that problem and learnt a lot in that issue.can you guide me the same.I have read all the conversation but couldn't conclude anything.
My state is i am using Endnote for all PDF management and Bibliography management which i liked.Now as the concept of Summarizing the literature is absolutely essential is their any software which is compatible with Endnote and serves the function which exactly looked for??
Can you please help me out??

macmini27

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Sente 6.6.0 is on the verge of release:

Sync2 -- a major update to the sync technology that Sente uses; creating and using synced libraries is now easier than ever.
Find-in-PDF -- now supported on both the Mac and iPad.
New, streamlined PDF annotation interface on the iPad.
Support for the retina display on Mac.
A new approach to licensing makes Sente free for many uses.

Now we can find in pdf, also sente is free for most users with reference upto 100.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Hi i think you got-rid of that problem and learnt a lot in that issue.can you guide me the same.I have read all the conversation but couldn't conclude anything.
My state is i am using Endnote for all PDF management and Bibliography management which i liked.Now as the concept of Summarizing the literature is absolutely essential is their any software which is compatible with Endnote and serves the function which exactly looked for??
Can you please help me out??

I use EndNote for CWYW, Bookends to organise my pdfs, iAnnotate (on my iPad) to mark them up. I use different apps to actually write my literature notes, but they all end up in DevonThink/ Evernote.

I've written a bit on Sente and Bookends here, that might be of interest to you.

Sente 6.6.0 is on the verge of release:

Sync2 -- a major update to the sync technology that Sente uses; creating and using synced libraries is now easier than ever.
Find-in-PDF -- now supported on both the Mac and iPad.
New, streamlined PDF annotation interface on the iPad.
Support for the retina display on Mac.
A new approach to licensing makes Sente free for many uses.

Now we can find in pdf, also sente is free for most users with reference upto 100.

I think Sente is a very nice app, but two things bother me with it: the lack of spotlight search of attachments, and that I can't send documents from iAnnotate (or any other app) on my iPad to Sente for iPad.

NeverhadaPC

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
I enjoy Papers 1 pretty much every day. My main gripe with Paper 1 is the poor BibTex export feature. I always end up having to correct 75% of every BibTex file created by Papers 1, because it insists on using @article and abbreviates journal names and institutions inappropriately.

If I may piggy-back on this thread, has this issue been resolved in Papers 2? I did try Papers 2 when it first came out and did not notice an improvement. Supposedly, the media handling (i.e. presentations coupled with PDFs) has improved too... if the BibTex issue has been resolved, I would definitely switch.

Thanks and good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.