Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedwolfe

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
My iPod does not support the newer version of evernote

I was not able to update my evernote on my iPod so I deleted Evernote off of my IPod to see if I could download the new version. Then when I tried to download the new version I got a message that my iPod version was too old to accept the new evernote.

Evernote does not have the older versions because they are controlled by Apple. Is there a way to "go back" three or four days and restore to that setting on my iPod?

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
Well, at the moment Evernote is permanently off your iPod - I have an old iPod 2G (only will update to iOS 4.x). Did you backup the iPod to your computer? Also, you might want to provide the model iPod you own and the current iOS on the device - good luck! :)

thedwolfe

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
Thanks, iPod
Version 4.2.1 (8C148)
Model MC086LL

I sync my iPod daily and would have to get back to Sun May 26th. Removed Evernote on the 27th

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks, iPod
Version 4.2.1 (8C148)
Model MC086LL

I sync my iPod daily and would have to get back to Sun May 26th. Removed Evernote on the 27th

Hi again - I've not done a restore from an iPod (or iPad) iTunes backup, so not comfortable in providing further advice - I'm not sure if a number of backups are kept on the computer allowing a restoration to different dates? But out of curiosity, I was reading THIS DISCUSSION which provides some suggestions - hopefully other more experienced members who have done this restoration will chime in w/ more specific comments - :)

thedwolfe

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
Found the folowing:

If you still have an older version on iTunes then you should be golden. However, if you synced with iTunes the older version may be in the recycling bin or trash. Cross your fingers."

I have found another version in the trash and have moved it into a couple of diff folders ...Mobile Apps in Itunes folder & Mobile Apps in the Music folder. But hasn't added Evernote to my iPod.

The13thDoctor

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
@TheRoyalDoctor
Found the folowing:

I have found another version in the trash and have moved it into a couple of diff folders ...Mobile Apps in Itunes folder & Mobile Apps in the Music folder. But hasn't added Evernote to my iPod.

Delete the newer version of Evernote in your library, then drag or double click the older one to add it into your iTunes library.

Remove Evernote on your iPod and try syncing then.

thedwolfe

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
I did find an older version but it was still a "5" series version and wouldn't install but then I found a "4" series version on another computer and it installed.

Thanks for the post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.