Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MichaelC1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
As we know when we order something online, apple will charge your credit card to verify if your card is available.

I ordered an iPhone 5 at Sept 15, they charged $810.84 but they have never refunded it to me! Now it is shipping, so they charged me another $790 for iPhone's price!!!

I am so angry why do they hold money not belonging to them for such a long time! We are customers, is it the way Apple treat customers?

Now when I ask Apple (by phone) they said "we had sent your money to your bank" but there are totally no credit to my account!

I think Apple's customer services are fooling me. Each time I contact them their answers are different! Does anyone know another way to complain except by phone? By mail is also OK, I just want my money back! IS IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD??!!

I swear to God, I will never pursue anything from Apple. You let me down.

Can anyone tell me what should I do!

Amblydoper

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2009
You need to be talking to your bank. If you used a credit card, and not a debit card, you are not responsible for charges that you didn't make. Call your bank, point out the two transactions for the same purchase, and they will reverse the incorrect one.

Call your bank, not Apple.

jmcgeejr

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Seattle, WA
As we know when we order something online, apple will charge your credit card to verify if your card is available.

I ordered an iPhone 5 at Sept 15, they charged $810.84 but they have never refunded it to me! Now it is shipping, so they charged me another $790 for iPhone's price!!!

I am so angry why do they hold money not belonging to them for such a long time! We are customers, is it the way Apple treat customers?

Now when I ask Apple (by phone) they said "we had sent your money to your bank" but there are totally no credit to my account!

I think Apple's customer services are fooling me. Each time I contact them their answers are different! Does anyone know another way to complain except by phone? By mail is also OK, I just want my money back! IS IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD??!!

I swear to God, I will never pursue anything from Apple. You let me down.

Can anyone tell me what should I do!

You should talk to your bank and by the way sometimes banks mess up on releasing funds.

BenGieCruz

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2012
Oklahoma
Funny.....

Cuz on the 3rd of this month i ordered a mac mini, and they released the money they withdraw from my account. Now the mini is on its way (Alaska) here (Oklahoma) arriving the 12th, and i have the whole amount/money in the bank. I called apple to find out if the transaction was good and everything went through well and they said that they wouldn't have shipped if the item was not paid for... So I was like "cool" thanks for everything!

Am I getting a free Mac Mini??? :p

That'll be sweet! :D

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
I totally agree with you on this.

Apple routinely holds your refund.

Amazing that when you purchase something, they IMMEDIATELY charge your credit card.

But if you return something for a refund, they take a week or more to post that transaction.

I suspect that Apple holds OUR money to earn interest on the "float". I see no other reason that they do this. Certainly the customer service rep never gives any reason. We're just expected to accept this as "normal".

I guess the only way to deal with Apple is with cash, if allowing them to hold YOUR money for a week or more is a problem for you - as I would expect it to be a problem for ANY customer.

It's really not fair and a shabby way to treat customers.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I don't know what Apple is actually doing, but I work for a retail company with thousands of stores across the US.

When a customer calls us because they were double-charged, and the folks in finance issue a credit, depending on the customers bank, it can literally take a week before the customer sees the refund.

From the people in finance that I've spoken to, banks are under no time limit in which they have to apply the refund to the customer, after receiving it back from the merchant. Apparently it doesn't always just go directly to the customers account without review/intervention. They say smaller banks and credit unions are the worst, as for many, that's a manual process that they don't look at daily.

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
In one situation with Apple, I didn't see anything posted to my credit card account for 3 days after a refund.

I called my bank to find out what was going on. They told me that they are the final destination, and that they post the transaction as soon as they receive it. They told me to call the merchant.

Well I called Apple and was told rather matter-of-factly that it usually takes about 1 week to process a refund. The rep couldn't tell me anything about my account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.