Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Are you going to swith to the EE LTE 4G service, and if so on what tariff?

I currently am paying £31 per month with 1Gig download on 3G.

A bit pissed of they want an extra £10 per month to go to LTE 4G and keep the data limit :mad::mad:

Plus I hear that the speeds aren't that much better.....:confused:

dk206

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
London
Are you going to swith to the EE LTE 4G service, and if so on what tariff?

I currently am paying £31 per month with 1Gig download on 3G.

A bit pissed of they want an extra £10 per month to go to LTE 4G and keep the data limit :mad::mad:

Plus I hear that the speeds aren't that much better.....:confused:

daylight robbery. stay well away from it. When the other networks get their license to roll 4G then consider it. It is a monopoly now for Orange & Tmo and offcon shouldve never allowed it to happen

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Thats what I think really...I don't do a lot of hi-level streaming...so the ( alleged ) speed gain will not really be that much benifit....I reckon I'll hold on
until real competition kicks in...just annoying.:mad:

BanterClaus

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2011
UK
I don't live anywhere near a big city so it'll probably be at least a year before there is 4G in my town. I therefore have pretty much no reason to switch.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I just switched to T-Mobile with unlimited everything for 21 per month SIM only on iphone 4S. I am getting speeds of up to 10 Mbps, i never saw more than 3Mbps with previous O2 experience. I tried 3 which seem to get good press and was shocked at speeds of 300 kbps download. Why would i want to pay for 4G available today as well as the cost of another device. I think EE have been investing heavily in their 3G network as well.

Attachments

• speed test.jpg
    speed test.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 45

randystand

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
I'm with orange but not moving to EE...yet. For a start I'd have to pay more and secondly I'd have to sign another two year contract when I've only got 9 months left on this one so really don't see the point in me doing it. Will assess the 4G options when I get to upgrade in the summer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.