Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
I don't know what happened but a movie I purchased is not showing in the cloud or in my purchased movie.

I downloaded it after I bought it so I know it was there at some point.

Any idea what could be happening?

JohnLT13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2012
Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)
I don't know what happened but a movie I purchased is not showing in the cloud or in my purchased movie.

I downloaded it after I bought it so I know it was there at some point.

Any idea what could be happening?

this has happened to me a few times. I purchased a movie but did not watch it straight away, only to have it go missing. I rebooted my ATV and then it was there. i think i maybe even disconnected reconnected to internet.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
this has happened to me a few times. I purchased a movie but did not watch it straight away, only to have it go missing. I rebooted my ATV and then it was there. i think i maybe even disconnected reconnected to internet.

it is missing from my imac itunes as well though

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
There's also the little "screw ya" Apple gets you on sometimes.

If you buy it, and subsequently Apple loses distribution rights to the movie it's just "poof" it vanishes and you're out a movie.

Jkeeley1

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
I downloaded Act of Valor via the blu ray code, not available via icloud in my ipad or iPhone. I asked apple and their explanation was that not all movies are available via icloud and must be synced.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
I downloaded Act of Valor via the blu ray code, not available via icloud in my ipad or iPhone. I asked apple and their explanation was that not all movies are available via icloud and must be synced.

Well that is the thing that is crazy, it was in my icloud when I purchased it. Some how it is missing now.

I have a apple support open to hopefully find out where it went. Very weird

starkmj

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
Always...

Well that is the thing that is crazy, it was in my icloud when I purchased it. Some how it is missing now.

I have a apple support open to hopefully find out where it went. Very weird

...download to your hard drive and backup your purchases.

I like my music, movies, TV shows in the cloud for all of the obvious advantages, but I will never count on it always being there.

I do know, however, that it's on my imac's hard drive, and in my Time Capsule backup.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
...download to your hard drive and backup your purchases.

I like my music, movies, TV shows in the cloud for all of the obvious advantages, but I will never count on it always being there.

I do know, however, that it's on my imac's hard drive, and in my Time Capsule backup.

Okay I got a response back and I don't know it happened but my purchase was hidden.

Went in, clicked the un-hide button and it is now showing. Very weird

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.