Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loungecorps

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2010
Same thing happens to me after a few hours of editing. Shutdown the app and reopen problem should be fixed. You may need to restart the computer

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
These bugs frustrate me cause I honestly dont see them myself.
But I have witnessed them on friends and students with varying workstations.
I submitted one funky bug to Apple weeks ago that confused the heck out me.
Hoping that it will all be fixed in the next update :)

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
These bugs frustrate me cause I honestly dont see them myself.
But I have witnessed them on friends and students with varying workstations.
I submitted one funky bug to Apple weeks ago that confused the heck out me.
Hoping that it will all be fixed in the next update :)

To be fair the problem posted by the OP was an issue for me around September last year... since then Apple has released a couple of updates and the problem hasn't come back.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
To be fair the problem posted by the OP was an issue for me around September last year... since then Apple has released a couple of updates and the problem hasn't come back.
Yep all the bad ones are gone for me as well.
But the odd one I submitted was really weird and I cant seem to replicate it.

juice media

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
All you have to do is hit W! :)

Trying hitting the 'W' key a few times. 'W' cycles thru the Canvas displaying the image, the image + wireframe, and just wireframe.

musique

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
I think the "W" key inserts material from the Event library to the Timeline. As I recall the Command key pressed with the 1, 2, or 3 key will make the Event browser, the timeline, or the viewer the active window.

mikomontgomery

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2013
Las Vegas
Reason For The Blackness?

I too have just encountered this "blackness" problem. And after countless hours of work on an important project too. To call the problem "maddening" is a complete understatement. As a result, I've begun saving up for Premiere Pro.
I'm done with FCPX.

I also believe that I've figured out what the "real" problem/issue is.
The blackness only seems to occur when trying to import footage other that what comes directly from you, i.e., Youtube, royalty free footage, etc. Perhaps Final Cut/Apple don't want you to use footage other than your own. It makes sense to me. Pisses me off big time since I can't use the royalty free footage I've paid for, but whatever.

It's just a thought, but I'd love some feedback.

Finally, I'd urge everyone to think twice about Final Cut Pro X. Based on my experience with just this particular issue, I would NEVER, EVER recommend it.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
I'm no expert when it comes to FCP-X but from your statement you seem to know the answers.
Would be nice if you had gone more into depth how you solved the problem. What I cant understand if you have a problem does one pack the software up and move on to a new software?.
I use FCP-X and what i like is not the technical aspect of solving problems but the easy learning curve and it does a fine job of editing video. We are now with version 10.0.8 and Apple will in time improve this software.
Sorry to hear you are not happy with the software, but i always believe any software issue one comes to forums to get free help and advice.
Many people of all ages come to forums and any possibility of not using the P... word. I think you vocabulary of english is better than that?;)

rcallan9

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2008
One Fix

I encountered this problem when downloading a video from the internet. When I ran the video through Handbrake with H.264 output settings and a change in the Picture Settings tab (set to custom and choose a proportion you like), it fixed the problem. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

bjiggab

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2015
ok i got it! select a file and go up to the image-wireframe drop down on the top right of the window. make sure image is selected.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 4.16.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 4.16.00 AM.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 301
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.