Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 1, 2011, 09:06 PM   #26
ArchiMark
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo7 View Post
If you're going to get a sleeve, I highly recommend the Sleevecase from Water Field. They are probably the highest quality and most protective sleeve out there with their 6mm neoprene padding(unless you go for a hard sleeve case, like the booq viper).

I handle my 13" Air somewhat rough (tossing it on the table, shoving it in my backpack full of stuff, tossing the backpack) when it's in the sleeve and it's been great so far.
+1 for Waterfield....have use them on several laptops...always great sleeves..
Old Dec 1, 2011, 09:37 PM   #27
thriii
macrumors 6502

I came across these Chinao Sleeves which I really like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=h6BkD_pKeS8

Seems to be what im looking for.. does anyone know about these cases?

How well would it protect my air?

I noticed it uses a magnet to keep the case secure.. is this a bad idea for a sleeve?
thriii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:58 AM   #28
UKmacman
macrumors regular

I bought one of these cases (chinao) from the USA - I am in the UK and it is nice, but not for me. I also got a speck sleeve and I think I am sticking with that.

In fact I have it for sale on ebay if you are in the UK. I paid more for shipping and import duty than the sleeve which was a pain but now I just want to try and recover less than half my costs if someone is interested. Search and you will find it.

Also I retract my statement on this thread about the incipio feather. I wrote it while on order from amazon and now it is going back. First off, once on, a real amount of trouble to get off!

Second I kind of felt it added just that little bt too much weight to make the air as light as it is and also it looked okay from a distance but not as special as the air itself when just left alone!
UKmacman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 09:44 AM   #29
robvas
macrumors 68000

I had my heart set on the Booq Vyper but you can't carry the power adapter in the case, and it's kind of bulky. Ended up going with the STM Jacket
robvas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 08:12 AM   #30
palpatine
macrumors 68040

i've got an 11". i have a speck hard case. it is brilliant, adds very little bulk or weight, and looks gorgeous (clear).

i doubt that i will be getting a sleeve. i usually just go to campus with my ipad, but when i bring my mba along, i carry it in my man bag. it seems pretty secure to me.
palpatine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:56 PM   #31
admonmansur
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to admonmansur
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathVu View Post
I use this sleeve....perfect
Where did you get that sleeve from?

http://dynamo6.com
admonmansur is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air