Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
iTunesLinks.png

I always used these kind of tutorials to link the store-arrows to my own library. So [Option]-[Click arrow] would quickly select the artist or album. iTunes 11 will instead jump to "albums"- or "artists"-view and not stay within the "songs"-tab.

How to fix this?

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Maybe there is no answer
Maybe, but neither can I believe they just deleted this feature nor it's impossible to redirect this "new" arrow to your library again:
10AOk.jpeg

When clicking it and choosing the album or artist, it will switch to another tab (albums/artists) and this just sucks.

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Sadly I'm not sure which alternative is available. I'm mostly using my Windows 8 PC anyway, but nothing compares to iTunes.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Sadly I'm not sure which alternative is available. I'm mostly using my Windows 8 PC anyway, but nothing compares to iTunes.

Among all the crap that iT11 has pulled on the unsuspecting user, yours must be the least worrisome bit of the "complete re-dsign" a.k.a. "dumbgrade".

In any case, just revert back to iT10.7 like any sane person already did a long time ago. Not difficult at all if you're on Windows, just google around for an easy tutorial.

Last edited:

dgbeecher

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2013
True, a lot of crap was introduced in iTunes 11. For me, though, changing the arrows was the worst. I used the old arrows all the time, in the same way that Liberty describes. I want to either:

- get them back just as they were, or...

- make it so the new arrows keep you in the "Songs" tab, rather than jumping over to "Artists" or "Albums". Or if all else fails...

- completely remove the new arrows.

If anyone figures out how to accomplish any of these things, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you all!

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.