Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Debs1203

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Hi, I have the ClimaxDigital Igrabber - I am trying to transfer Hi8 tapes from a Sony camcorder to my Mac - the picture is great but the sound doesn't match the picture - when people talk the sound isn't in time with their lips. Can anyone PLEASE explain why this is or does anyone have any idea how to fix it PLEASE ??? Desperate Deb

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Could you please be a bit more pacific. Were are you transfering your video too?
iMovie, FCP7 0r X
Sorry i dont know the software you are using (Climate.....)
If you are using the correct software Movie or FCP your camcorder should be connected and you should not need a third party software?

Debs1203

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
I use the I grabber to transfer them from the camcorder to my Mac OS X onto my desktop then import them into iMovie - sometimes the pictures and sound match and sometimes they don't - it's driving me mad ! PLEASE HELP!!!

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Why not connect your camcorder to iMovie and then transfer. Should be no problem if your camcorder is compatible with your software.
Why are you using a third party software?

Debs1203

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to help me - how do I transfer it straight into iMovie? I have just tried and failed! The I Grabber is plugged in to my iMac and the camera is turned on - when I click on the 'import from camera' it doesn't pick it up - what am I doing wrong?
PLEASE HELP! Debs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.