Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:45 AM   #101
smkmn13
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by importraverxx View Post
Wouldn't make sense if they don't let you do that as you can just return and buy again?
I actually called yesterday to try to work this out, because I bought an engraved iPad last week (arrived yesterday) -- I didn't use the edu store when I ordered though, even though I'm eligible, because there's no discount, so that apparently that made things harder for this...? He actually suggested I go to a store and return it , which I thought was silly because 1) I don't want to give my iPad back just to wait another week for another engraved one, and 2) Why would Apple want my engraved one back? For most promotions like this (with other retailers) they extend back to whenever the return window starts (14 days?).

Anyways, he acted like he was doing me a huge favor by escalating it and seemed think it will go through in the end, but I'm surprised they don't have a more regular policy for this. I'm sure others experiences might be easier, but I guess you might have to do some convincing...

Windoze 7 Tower; Mbook 2.2 C2D; MBP 2.3i5;
iPhone 5, iPad (3rd gen), Apple TV (3); Nikon D60
smkmn13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:03 PM   #102
iLikeTurtles!
Banned

i purchased an ipad 32gb wifi plus 4g. i got the sim card, 50 itunes card, and on the invoice they also knocked off 50 dollars off the ipad?!?!

anyone else see apple knocked off 50 dollars off the ipad?

its nomrally 749 in canada for the 32gb blak 4g model, shows they knocked off 50 bringing it to 699??
iLikeTurtles! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:12 PM   #103
awm037
macrumors newbie

Does anybody know if Apple would still offer the $50 gift card with the purchase of an iPad if they were to price-match? Microcenter has the iPads for $40 off, and from what I have been reading, Apple may or may not price-match. If they didn't end up matching the price, it would still be a better deal in terms of value because you would be getting $50 for iTunes as opposed to $40 off of the purchase. It would be really nice if they could price-match the $40 and still give me the $50 card.
awm037 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion