Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Best screens in my opinion

HTC Droid DNA > One X > iPhone 5 > S3

The 1080p screen on the DNA is absolutely breathtaking

Why is a 1080p screen of the Droid DNA breathtaking? The clarity? The colour saturation? Or do you simply like the bigger screen?

For me, the 4" screen of the iPhone 5 with the retina display and 44% more color saturation than the predecessor is already quite decent. I literally cannot see the pixels on the screen, and I certainly do not need anything clearer than that.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
LCD screens should be judged by how accurate they display colors as intended by the original author/creator. Anyone can over/under-saturate displays, that itself is not impressive. What is impressive is displaying colors as accurately as original intended. That is why you see some LCD monitors cost $1000s and others that are the same size, same resolution, etc. for like $100. I prefer accuracy and precision.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
LCD screens should be judged by how accurate they display colors as intended by the original author/creator. Anyone can over/under-saturate displays, that itself is not impressive. What is impressive is displaying colors as accurately as original intended. That is why you see some LCD monitors cost $1000s and others that are the same size, same resolution, etc. for like $100. I prefer accuracy and precision.

So do you prefer the iPhone 5's screen as opposed to other smartphones' screen?

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
They are right, there is no better screen out there in any other android or other phone. And also if you compare the iphine 5 screen to the ps vita the iphone 5 screen wins.

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
Why is a 1080p screen of the Droid DNA breathtaking? The clarity? The colour saturation? Or do you simply like the bigger screen?

For me, the 4" screen of the iPhone 5 with the retina display and 44% more color saturation than the predecessor is already quite decent. I literally cannot see the pixels on the screen, and I certainly do not need anything clearer than that.

It's something you'd need to see in person - I don't own a DNA and I won't ever own one because I think it's too big (for me at least, some people like phablets). The reproduction of whites are the best I've seen on any smartphone and text is insanely crisp - even crisper than that of the iPhone 5. In addition, it plays 1080p videos natively, which is absolutely amazing. It's a great screen plagued by poor battery life and and HTC Sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.