Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:15 AM   #26
fsamara
macrumors newbie

AT&T LTE on AT&T iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyhampton View Post
But I'm using an AT&T iPhone sim that goes to my AT&T ipad mini. Having said that, the sim shows lte on the iPhone but when moved to AT&T ipad mini Lte would not show, only 4G. In other words, both my iphone & ipad mini are AT&T. I do not have verizon equipment. That is why I am thinkng that the APN choice on unlockit.co.nz for AT&T +hspa is not updated to include LTE. What do you guys think?

I am running into the same issue. I have an AT&T unlimited data plan on an iPhone 5 and LTE works perfectly on that. When I put the sim card in my AT&T iPad mini, I only get 4g, and often I lose signal. I created the APN as suggested.

Is there anything else I should be doing to get LTE? Shouldn't it work out of the box since the equipment and SIM are AT&T-provisioned?

Thanks
fsamara is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:08 PM   #27
barfo
macrumors newbie

AT&T HSPA+ Profile

I had the very same issue of trying to use my iPhone 5 AT&T SIM card in my Verizon iPad mini. I followed the link that everyone said to follow, selected all the different AT&T profiles one by one, but none of them worked. Day later, came back and tried the AT&T HSPA+ profile, waited a moment, BAM!, it finally worked. Weird that it didn't work the first time.
barfo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:41 PM   #28
fsamara
macrumors newbie

At&t sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfo View Post
I had the very same issue of trying to use my iPhone 5 AT&T SIM card in my Verizon iPad mini. I followed the link that everyone said to follow, selected all the different AT&T profiles one by one, but none of them worked. Day later, came back and tried the AT&T HSPA+ profile, waited a moment, BAM!, it finally worked. Weird that it didn't work the first time.
Are you able to get LTE service or just 3G?
fsamara is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad