Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fsamara

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
AT&T LTE on AT&T iPad Mini

But I'm using an AT&T iPhone sim that goes to my AT&T ipad mini. Having said that, the sim shows lte on the iPhone but when moved to AT&T ipad mini Lte would not show, only 4G. In other words, both my iphone & ipad mini are AT&T. I do not have verizon equipment. That is why I am thinkng that the APN choice on unlockit.co.nz for AT&T +hspa is not updated to include LTE. What do you guys think?

I am running into the same issue. I have an AT&T unlimited data plan on an iPhone 5 and LTE works perfectly on that. When I put the sim card in my AT&T iPad mini, I only get 4g, and often I lose signal. I created the APN as suggested.

Is there anything else I should be doing to get LTE? Shouldn't it work out of the box since the equipment and SIM are AT&T-provisioned?

Thanks

barfo

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2013
AT&T HSPA+ Profile

I had the very same issue of trying to use my iPhone 5 AT&T SIM card in my Verizon iPad mini. I followed the link that everyone said to follow, selected all the different AT&T profiles one by one, but none of them worked. Day later, came back and tried the AT&T HSPA+ profile, waited a moment, BAM!, it finally worked. Weird that it didn't work the first time.

fsamara

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
At&t sim

I had the very same issue of trying to use my iPhone 5 AT&T SIM card in my Verizon iPad mini. I followed the link that everyone said to follow, selected all the different AT&T profiles one by one, but none of them worked. Day later, came back and tried the AT&T HSPA+ profile, waited a moment, BAM!, it finally worked. Weird that it didn't work the first time.

Are you able to get LTE service or just 3G?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.