Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 3, 2012, 06:30 PM   #51
jazz1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakener View Post
Yeah, see your point..wasn't so much about your comment as Apple creating this whole "wtf are we supposed to call it" situation. Seriously, Apple needs to properly name new iPad models!
Maybe they thought the iPad3 owners wouldn't notice
jazz1 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:46 PM   #52
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegieMac View Post
Used a 4 side by side with my 3 in the Apple store and iOS navigation is identical. The 4 is no smoother or faster in swiping between pages and menus, etc.

The true power of the A6X will not be seen until games are updated and new titles utilise that extra power. The iPad 3 will no doubt continue to run games at 1440 x 1080 with AA like Galaxy on Fire 2 HD and NFS Most Wanted, fine by me.

As I said elsewhere though, the nature of iOS development (gaming wise) has proven that due to older devices being supported (3GS is STILL catered for on the iPhone platform) it takes a little more time for the latest device/chip to peak.

Look at Infinity Blade II on iPhone 4 and 4S. That game was supposed to be the 4S showpiece, but other than a smoother frame rate and some "God ray" lighting effects, both versions looked identical to the naked eye. Fast forward to now, a year later, and compare the recent releases like NFS Most Wanted on the 4 and 4S and the difference is night and day in terms of visual effects.

In basic iOS navigation though, other than stock apps opening a half second or so sooner, there's zero difference. iOS 7 though will no doubt change things on that count.

What I don't get is that the some of the very same people who slate those who moan about not having "the latest and greatest" turn into condescending, elitist, placebo ridden fools the second they get the latest and greatest themselves.

End of the day, there's people out there without homes, power, and loved ones due to a superstorm and we're here debating the frame rate of a tablet.
You dont have to be here debating the frame rate of a tablet. There will always be people who are hungry or are facing some kind of hardship. In theory there is never a good time to discuss the performance of an electronic device you paid for. Why are you here again?
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:31 AM   #53
dendkmac
macrumors member

Very happy with the iPad 4 64 GB it is very fast, excellent display, lightning connector, cool to the touch even under intense use, the new video processing unit will be a plus, web use is faster overall... a solid buy moving from my iPad 2.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:01 AM   #54
zunairryk
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegieMac View Post
Used a 4 side by side with my 3 in the Apple store and iOS navigation is identical. The 4 is no smoother or faster in swiping between pages and menus, etc.

The true power of the A6X will not be seen until games are updated and new titles utilise that extra power. The iPad 3 will no doubt continue to run games at 1440 x 1080 with AA like Galaxy on Fire 2 HD and NFS Most Wanted, fine by me.

As I said elsewhere though, the nature of iOS development (gaming wise) has proven that due to older devices being supported (3GS is STILL catered for on the iPhone platform) it takes a little more time for the latest device/chip to peak.

Look at Infinity Blade II on iPhone 4 and 4S. That game was supposed to be the 4S showpiece, but other than a smoother frame rate and some "God ray" lighting effects, both versions looked identical to the naked eye. Fast forward to now, a year later, and compare the recent releases like NFS Most Wanted on the 4 and 4S and the difference is night and day in terms of visual effects.

In basic iOS navigation though, other than stock apps opening a half second or so sooner, there's zero difference. iOS 7 though will no doubt change things on that count.

What I don't get is that the some of the very same people who slate those who moan about not having "the latest and greatest" turn into condescending, elitist, placebo ridden fools the second they get the latest and greatest themselves.

End of the day, there's people out there without homes, power, and loved ones due to a superstorm and we're here debating the frame rate of a tablet.
Well said.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad