Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steevie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
I have about 4 gigs of free space but some of my larger apps wont update saying I need more space. Even the largest app I have isnt over 2 gigs so why is it not downloading? I know it unpacks but isnt double the size of the app enough??

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
I have about 4 gigs of free space but some of my larger apps wont update saying I need more space. Even the largest app I have isnt over 2 gigs so why is it not downloading? I know it unpacks but isnt double the size of the app enough??

Try updating them one at a time. If you try to update them all, it will need enough space for them ALL to unpack. Outside of that, yes, unfortunately some apps require more than double space in my experience.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Download package plus uncompression which can be larger than the package by a large margin depending on the content.

If it supports iCloud sync, ive been known to just delete IB2 and redownload to save on space

Steevie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Wow thanks alot you guys! The updating one at a time did the trick

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Wow thanks alot you guys! The updating one at a time did the trick
A more permanent solution would be to go through your phone and clear out the junk you don't need. (mainly old video+apps). Deleting and redownloading the facebook app gave me 400mb of space back, for some reason some apps really waste a lot of space.

Steevie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
A more permanent solution would be to go through your phone and clear out the junk you don't need. (mainly old video+apps). Deleting and redownloading the facebook app gave me 400mb of space back, for some reason some apps really waste a lot of space.

400mb!? why does facebook take up 400mb??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.