Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:11 PM   #26
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
I agree. I'd rather have the opportunity to talk about things.

Especially because I believe thewitt gets many of his ideas from right-wing sources.

Without us, he'd be missing some valuable counterpoints.
Talked me out of it.

Damn you logic !!

Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:27 PM   #27
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
So true.

So why isn't thewitt reported for starting trolling threads ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
As misguided as I think his threads usually are and with little or no links to back them up. he has every right to start threads here. Why are so many here into censoring those they don't agree with?
I actually quite enjoy threads like this. First of all, they provide great entertainment in reading. Second of all, they let me know that the people who start them are either partisan hacks or have no actual basis in reality. Thusly, I know not to believe anything else they write about anything. That's why whenever the OP writes, well, pretty much anything, I know it's just flat out crap. But it is entertaining crap.

But, thewitt...should you actually read this and want to respond, I will gladly accept the label of a liberal being built on hate if you will repeat the following statement: "I believe that Republicans and conservatives such as myself have no interest in the American public as a whole and have only one agenda and that is to make already-rich people richer while decimating any law or protection that covers ordinary individuals. I honestly don't care if people die of starvation or if every river is filled with sewage as long as my rich friends get another tax break." Say that and provide an example of how you mean it, and I will agree that myself and other liberals like to hate people.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 02:19 PM   #28
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020

Who cares if this is a troll thread or if the op never reads or responds to any other posts? This thread led to the single greatest post in the history of PRSI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
It's pretty much just an old man's ranting over what he perceives as an injustice in the world.

Thewitt should be able to relate to that.
Mac'nCheese is offline   5
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:35 PM   #29
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
As misguided as I think his threads usually are and with little or no links to back them up. he has every right to start threads here. Why are so many here into censoring those they don't agree with?
It's the liberal way. Stop any and all comments that disagree with your position. Just like the author of this piece advocating killing gun owners.

The great Democrat Party myth of the "Giant Tent" that many of you are not old enough to remember. The Tent was supposed to be large enough for all viewpoints to participate. The reality was anyone who disagreed was not allowed into the tent.
thewitt is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:46 PM   #30
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
It's the liberal way. Stop any and all comments that disagree with your position. Just like the author of this piece advocating killing gun owners.

The great Democrat Party myth of the "Giant Tent" that many of you are not old enough to remember. The Tent was supposed to be large enough for all viewpoints to participate. The reality was anyone who disagreed was not allowed into the tent.
Just because one liberal has an opinion, it doesn't mean it's the "liberal way". And frankly, it's a bit hypocritical of you even to mention it when the "conservative way" is to pass laws against and deny rights to all those who don't step in line with their "values". You may want to take your blinders off - your reality is skewed.

Last edited by Moyank24; Jan 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Moyank24 is offline   5
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:02 PM   #31
Happybunny
macrumors 65816

After reading past posts by thewitt I have to say that I have come to the opinion that thewitt is in fact a sad character, an old man who's world has changed and left him behind. The rant is all he has left, as he looks into the future and see's all the old certainties gone. His life is ruled by hate and pettiness, he would rather destroy everything than share anything.

thewitt is the true embodiment of Get off my Lawn neighbour, every area group has one.

Please keep posting on this forum, as you serve as a reminder of the person I strive not to be. A bitter old man
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:12 PM   #32
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
Deaf ears. I've been advocating judicious use of the ignore feature for years.
Ignore lists make it easier to believe that everyone agrees with you. Narrow the opposition down enough and you've just created another echo chamber.

I'm beginning to think that thewitt has most of the forum on ignore, which might explain why he replies so rarely to arguments.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:26 AM   #33
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
Ignore lists make it easier to believe that everyone agrees with you. Narrow the opposition down enough and you've just created another echo chamber.

I'm beginning to think that thewitt has most of the forum on ignore, which might explain why he replies so rarely to arguments.
I do use the ignore feature as there are a number of posters on this forum whose opinions and posts I find totally worthless and completely ignorant. As such I have relegated them to my ignore list.

My posts may indeed annoy some of you, but I get PMs and emails from many who agree with me but you collectively have bullied them so badly they no longer post in these forums.

My skin however is thicker than theirs, and since I cannot be hurt by name calling from people for whom I have no respect, most of the chittering is simply that - or you have made it to my ignore list so your vitriol is only read by those who agree with you.
thewitt is offline   1
Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:33 AM   #34
leekohler
Banned

Quote:
I do use the ignore feature as there are a number of posters on this forum whose opinions and posts I find totally worthless and completely ignorant. As such I have relegated them to my ignore list.

My posts may indeed annoy some of you, but I get PMs and emails from many who agree with me but you collectively have bullied them so badly they no longer post in these forums.

My skin however is thicker than theirs, and since I cannot be hurt by name calling from people for whom I have no respect, most of the chittering is simply that - or you have made it to my ignore list so your vitriol is only read by those who agree with you.
And that's the problem- you have no respect. No respect for the truth or anything else.
leekohler is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:35 AM   #35
quasinormal
Banned

Quote:

Were you outraged over your brothers calling for a violent, armed rebellion over an elected president?

GOP Newsletter In Virginia Advocates For Armed Rebellion If The American People Re-Elect President Obama
That's treason. I for one think treasonous dogs like this deserve the death penalty. It's a shame it was abolished in 1990- it is also the only crime for which i support the death penalty. Life imprisonment is too good for these crackers.

As evidenced by this sort of crap, western democracies are a failure. We need to start instituting centrist dictatorships that ruthlessly crush those that seek to pollute social discourse.
quasinormal is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:23 AM   #36
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
So where is the outrage from the liberals? Where is the demand that the paper be shut down and the editor fired for printing this hate speech.

I can only imagine the response if this was a conservative advocating death and violence against liberals.

'After saying he would kill gun owners who refused to give up their guns, Kaul issued a threat against Republican leaders.

"Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he added.

He concluded his violent rant by saying that if killing gun owners, shredding the Constitution and torturing GOP leaders didn't work, he would "adopt radical measures."'

'By publishing his call for violence against those with whom he disagrees, Kaul proves, yet again, that liberalism has become an ideology of genocidal hate and rage.'

http://www.examiner.com/article/des-...-of-gun-owners

Didn't you get the memo ? Its perfectly acceptable for liberals to condone the killing of those that don't share their point of view.
glocke12 is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:35 AM   #37
Happybunny
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
Didn't you get the memo ? Its perfectly acceptable for liberals to condone the killing of those that don't share their point of view.
thewitt probably didn't get the memo because it was on his ignore list.

But as you mentioned this memo can you provide a valid source for your claim, as per forum rules.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:58 AM   #38
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybunny View Post
thewitt probably didn't get the memo because it was on his ignore list.

But as you mentioned this memo can you provide a valid source for your claim, as per forum rules.
oh please....don't act like you've never heard liberals call for violence against those they disagree with...

heres one gem:

http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...on-of-romney-1
glocke12 is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:05 AM   #39
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
oh please....don't act like you've never heard liberals call for violence against those they disagree with...

heres one gem:

http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...on-of-romney-1
Have you any evidence to show that this kind of crap is considered acceptable though? I haven't noticed any conservative posters endorsing WBC's message, and I wouldn't expect to find any liberal posters endorsing this either.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:32 AM   #40
Bug-Creator
macrumors regular

Quote:
....i get pms and emails from many who agree with me but you collectively have bullied them so badly they no longer post in these forums.
i am legion !!!
Bug-Creator is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:48 AM   #41
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:

Man, ain't nothing like saying you're here to support the brave few who dared speak their unpopular opinion amongst the unwashed masses, then admitting you're a passive aggressive coward who can't handle opinions differing from your own all in the same sentence.

You're a special kind of oblivious, Witt.
Renzatic is offline   1
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:17 AM   #42
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
No one here has said it's acceptable, just as I'm sure that you believe that radical Republcans/Conservatives don't advocate it, as rdowns posted in a link above. Also, I don't believe it's liberals who are known for sending us into seemingly endless wars (but, that's for freedom, right?).
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:23 AM   #43
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas View Post
No one here has said it's acceptable, just as I'm sure that you believe that radical Republcans/Conservatives don't advocate it, as rdowns posted in a link above. Also, I don't believe it's liberals who are known for sending us into seemingly endless wars (but, that's for freedom, right?).
Wilson (WWI) (320,518 US Casualties)
Roosevelt (WWII)<---- Still there (1,076,245 US Casualties)
Truman (Korea)<---Still there (128,650 US Casualties)
Kennedy (Vietnam)(211,454 US Casualties)

All Dems or in Wilsons case "progressive"

***edit**

Jefferson Davis was a Democrat too..(775,638 US Causalities)
Polk (Mexican-American War) (DEM)
McKinley (Spanish American War)(REP)
Bush (Gulf War)(REP)(1,231 us Casualties)
Clinton (Bosnia)(DEM)<---Still there
Bush(OEF/OIF)(REP)(48,430 Casualties)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ualties_of_war

Last edited by GermanyChris; Jan 4, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
GermanyChris is offline   1
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:55 AM   #44
balamw

MOD NOTE: Thread has long since deviated from the topic of the OpEd and examiner post about it and devolved into crass generalizations on all sides.

Sending to WL due the the sheer number of reports about it which have not been deemed actionable ... yet....

Putting it down before someone does boldly cross the line.

B

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland