Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:22 PM   #1
tekboi
macrumors 6502a
 
tekboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Orleans ✈ WesŦward
Where can I find a rMBP 15" open box/refurbished deal?

So, I sold my current macbook in hopes buying an open box 15" rMBP that was marked down to about $1750. But they sold out of it before I could snag it.

Now, i'm NOT taking any deal less than that. Do you guys have any idea of where else I could look for a deal like this???

It was a high end rMBP from 2012
512gb SSD
8gigs ram
quad core i7 2.6ghz
__________________
PowerMac G4 | iMac 27" | Macbook Pro | iPad | iPhone | Thunderbolt Display
---
My Site | Facebook | My Twitter

Last edited by tekboi; Jun 25, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
tekboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:32 PM   #2
dlimes13
macrumors 6502a
 
dlimes13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perrysburg, OH
 
see vendor information in user profile
Send a message via Skype™ to dlimes13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboi View Post
So, I sold my current macbook in hopes buying an open box 15" rMBP that was marked down to about $1750. But they sold out of it before I could snag it.

Now, i'm NOT taking any deal less than that. Do you guys have any idea of where else I could look for a deal like this???
What were the specs? Because you can get a base 15" for $1599:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC...AOS-US-AFF-PHG
__________________
15" rMBP (Late 2013), i7-4960HQ/16GB/1TB
iPhone 5S/16GB/SG/VZW | iPod/160GB/B
TV 3/Rev. A | AEBS AC
Custom Server, i7-4770K/32GB/512GB/18TB
dlimes13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:39 PM   #3
tekboi
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
tekboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Orleans ✈ WesŦward
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlimes13 View Post
What were the specs? Because you can get a base 15" for $1599:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC...AOS-US-AFF-PHG
It was a high end rMBP from 2012
512gb SSD
8gigs ram
quad core i7 2.6ghz
__________________
PowerMac G4 | iMac 27" | Macbook Pro | iPad | iPhone | Thunderbolt Display
---
My Site | Facebook | My Twitter
tekboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:56 PM   #4
tekboi
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
tekboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Orleans ✈ WesŦward
**** it. looks like i'm not getting another macbook then.
__________________
PowerMac G4 | iMac 27" | Macbook Pro | iPad | iPhone | Thunderbolt Display
---
My Site | Facebook | My Twitter
tekboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 02:54 PM   #5
Apple fanboy
macrumors 68040
 
Apple fanboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboi View Post
**** it. looks like i'm not getting another macbook then.
When machines come on to the refurb store you need to be ready to buy. They don't hang around. Especially if you're looking at the higher end models.
__________________
Late 2012 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5, ITB FD, 16G RAM, 2 TB TimeCapsule, iPhone 5 32GB, iPad Air 32G, iPad 4 32G, iPad 2 16G, ATV2, iPod touch 4th gen 8G, Xbox 360. Nikon D7100,18-55mm, 70-300mm VR lenses
Apple fanboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:01 PM   #6
martinm0
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboi View Post
It was a high end rMBP from 2012
512gb SSD
8gigs ram
quad core i7 2.6ghz
I'd start scouring Best Buy and see if any stores near you get open box or clearance machines. I posted up for someone last week that same machine you want above and I think BB had it for around $2k on clearance in my local store. I was able to pick up a 2.7, 16GB, 512BG for $2k a few months back by haggling with the guys.

Go to the BB website and click on Shops and Deals->In Store Clearance and Open Box and plug in your zip code and check the local stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....7301&type=page
martinm0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:26 AM   #7
tekboi
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
tekboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Orleans ✈ WesŦward
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm0 View Post
I'd start scouring Best Buy and see if any stores near you get open box or clearance machines. I posted up for someone last week that same machine you want above and I think BB had it for around $2k on clearance in my local store. I was able to pick up a 2.7, 16GB, 512BG for $2k a few months back by haggling with the guys.

Go to the BB website and click on Shops and Deals->In Store Clearance and Open Box and plug in your zip code and check the local stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....7301&type=page
Yep, tried that. There is no deal like that ANYWHERE else in my area. Ah well.
__________________
PowerMac G4 | iMac 27" | Macbook Pro | iPad | iPhone | Thunderbolt Display
---
My Site | Facebook | My Twitter
tekboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:19 AM   #8
TimTheEnchanter
macrumors 6502a
 
TimTheEnchanter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Keep an eye on DealMac.com
__________________
There are some who call me....Tim?
Steve Jobs 1955-2011 Rest My Friend
17" uMBP/iPod x3/iPhone5/iPad Air/Nikon D300–Sony NEX-7–NEX-3IR
RIP: too many Macs to list...AppleII-PMG5
TimTheEnchanter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC