Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I'm considering trading in my iPad 3 for an iPad Mini with Amazon's trade in service. When would Amazon start selling iPad Minis do you think? Obviously I won't get one on launch day, but is a week after that feasible do you think? Thanks!

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
According to Amazon, they got the iPad 3 on March 7, which was the launch date. So I think I'm gonna do it.

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
No, they don't get them on launch day. They always put the info up early but don't have the actual product. What they do sell is accessories. You may find a cheap case from China for a very low price :) .

billy98111

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
I can't believe how some retail stores get away with selling some cases for 20x the price you can get it for on Amazon. I guess it's all in the name brand.

amy88

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2012
No, they don't get them on launch day. They always put the info up early but don't have the actual product. What they do sell is accessories. You may find a cheap case from China for a very low price :) .
11.gif

l008com

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2004
I'm still waiting for an answer to this very question. I found this thread googling for an answer. I want to save tax plus maybe a few $ in price. But alas, they have yet to have any in stock. Only insane price gouging independent sellers.

l008com

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2004
So why is amazon not selling either of the new ipads? Plenty of other 3rd parties are selling them. Is it just a stock issue? Low supplies still due to high holiday demand?

l008com

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2004
They want you to buy a Fire Kindle HD.

So they're suddenly no longer going to sell iPads? Of any kind? After selling them for years? That sound illogical and pretty unlikely for a company like Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.