Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rollotamassi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Hello all,

I am a IT guy and my girlfriend is a personal trainer who recently purchased an iPad. She want's to begin to use the iPad for her personal training business for things like keeping spreadsheets for expenses and logging workouts with her clients. I figured it would be easy but it's turning out to be a lot more difficult that I had first anticipated. My first plan was this -

Use a Google Drive to set up a base file structures. The Root would have 4 folders. Workout Templates - Expenses - Clients - Training Materials

Inside the workout templates folder would be various blank templates for various workouts like core, full body, upper body, etc. Inside the the clients folder would be a folder with each clients name. What I wanted to be able to do was to have her navigate to the workout templates folder, open a copy of a template, fill in the data and then save it to the clients folder. Then for the next session she would open another blank template and save it to the folder so that every session has it's own log.

The problem is that from what I have seen the option that exists when using Gdrive on a standard web browser to "open a copy" doesn't exist on Gdrive for ipad. The same goes for the Numbers app when using it with drop box. Does any one have any ideas on how I could get around this issue?

Thanks!

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I am currently using QuickOffice Pro HD -- just barely getting to know my way around it, and by no means in a position to recommend it. BUT, it seems like it is set up to do what you want. Specifically, in QO, you would navigate to the desired folder and file in Dropbox, drag a copy of the desired file to the iPad, then edit that file as desired. When you're done, you drag the file from your iPad back to any folder or subfolder in Dropbox.

QO Pro HD is currently $19.99(!), but it has been on sale for as little as $4.99 a few months ago, and more recently, $7.99.

Regards,
Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.