Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Yeah a retina iPad mini would be like them making a 13 " retina MB Pro.....oh wait. My god man use some common sense.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
It's important to remember the first thought Apple considers is how to maximize their profits.

Past practice has been to use the most basic inexpensive components (like the low-res display in the current mini) to start, then make customers pay top dollar for it.

After all, it does come with the "Apple Logo" :)

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I want a mini but retina isn't a must for me. I have an iPad2 but the mini is more portable IMO.

I also want the cellular version. If the new one doesn't come with retina but a good chip and memory increase I'd probably go with a mini gen2.

Another thing I'm waiting on is to see is how iOS7 runs on the mini gen1 and if no features are left out. If it some how runs smooth and no features are left out I'd be tempted to save the money by buying the gen1 mini cellular.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Based on what?

Retina will have no impact over buyer preference for either sizes. Neither do I see any evidence to suggest why they would not go retina for the mini.

Agreed. I think that Apple will eventually come out with a retina iPad mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.