Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jenz

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
San Francisco Bay Area
Don't go into Fullscreen...

Well yeah, that's obvious, but it won't let me deactivate the fullscreen. If I open the app it automatically open in Fullscreen without giving me the option to change the size of the window. I already tried uninstalling that app and re installing and the same happens.

XZYOE

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
I have a problem, any rom I open only used 1/4 of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• ajtiyg.png
    ajtiyg.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 210

boogiewookie

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2013
Pokemon Mac Boy Advance crash

In Preferences, set the video size to 4x, then press Esc to switch between windowed and fullscreen.

Hey you seem to know your stuff - I tried to set the screen size up, but when I did I also pressed the full screen box, which seems to have put a serious monkey wrench in the projects. I set it to x4 and full screen and now every time i open the program it quits. Any suggestions as to how to save me from this?

Really hope you can help,

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Hey you seem to know your stuff - I tried to set the screen size up, but when I did I also pressed the full screen box, which seems to have put a serious monkey wrench in the projects. I set it to x4 and full screen and now every time i open the program it quits. Any suggestions as to how to save me from this?

Really hope you can help,

Sorry, I don't know. I haven't used it since last year and don't remember running into that problem.

Mexpress

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2012
Possible fix

I have a problem, any rom I open only used 1/4 of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?
Are you perhaps using a retina macbook? I fixed it by checking the option 'Open in low resolution' (Select VisualBoyAdvance in Finder and then Get Info)

Voyd211

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2013
Hi there! Popped in to ask a question.

How do you use cheats? I use the ones I've found on various sites, and Mac Boy Advance rejects every single one.

daansnippe

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2013
Same issue

The thing is every time I try to copy the .sav of the game that i want to play on it wont let me play it. It says "Unknown file type /Users/rafaelcamacho/Downloads/GBA/Battery Saves/Pokemon Crystal.sav" Help please!!!

I have to same problem as this guy has... I saved a file and it shows in 'Battery Saves'. If i try to start VBA again with the rom of pokemon light platinum it doesnt say continue game or anything else. I cannot resume the game I saved. Can someone help me with this? :)

I'm running 10.8.3 right now.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.