Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
In mail.app for OSX lion is there a way to disable signatures in incoming emails? People sometimes have ALL kinds of junk in there and it takes time to search through it all for the actual email........thanks.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Email signatures are included as part of the message content. Mail in turn has no way to differentiate between the message and the signature, so I don't see how this could be possible.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
People sometimes have ALL kinds of junk in there and it takes time to search through it all for the actual email........
That's an odd statement. Isn't the signature usually below the message? I usually stop reading at the top of the signature so it doesn't take any time. Maybe you're referring to email threads.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I'm talking about conversation view in mail.app. When people have their mailing address and life info and a stupid quote as a signature it appears at the bottom of EVERY window.....so scrolling down its in between every window.....never mind

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.