Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

php111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
Hey, I'm trying to tag my music. I am going to provide how I'm doing it along with the problem I'm having. Would someone please jump in by replying to this thread and assist me?

This example is a 2 CD album. I'm using an iPod Classic 160GB. This is done on a Windows PC running the latest version of iTunes. I don't use the albums or any of that on my iPod. I use folders and playlists. Also, every change I do it does auto sync.

Now, there are 11 tracks on disc 1, and 9 tracks on disc 2. I highlight all tracks from D1, and fill in disc 1 of 2, and the first disc tracks should be 1 of 11, 2 of 11.

The second disc should be disc 2 of 2, and tracks should be 1 of 9, 2 of 9.

When playing back on my iPod, it would show 1 of 20, and the second disc would play track 12 and not track 1. Am I missing something? And how if possible could I get every disc of the set to play at track 1 and not the next track in numerical order after the previous disc ended?

I am trying to get some answers.

Thank you,

php111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
Do you have iTunes match ?

No, I don't use iTunes Match for my playlists & folders. If I do have it then I don't use it. May I ask what is it used, how does it work, and would it fix the tagging problems I opened this thread with, and how do I use it?

Could you answer those questions? I never heard of iTunes Match, so that is why I'm asking.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
No, I don't use iTunes Match for my playlists & folders. If I do have it then I don't use it. May I ask what is it used, how does it work, and would it fix the tagging problems I opened this thread with, and how do I use it?

Could you answer those questions? I never heard of iTunes Match, so that is why I'm asking.

iTunes Match.

I have it and like it but it has screwed up a few of my playlist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.