Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old May 12, 2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Tech198
macrumors 68040

lack of streaming titles

Hearing this, and the lack of streaming titles available on iTunes and/or Netflix services, I often wonder why ?

Hollywood, and other movie companies don't wanna push for streaming... Why ? They win anyway.....

Its not like its free.... Rental is about $4, and buying is $19.95 from iTubes store... I don't see a problem with this ..... Movie companies are getting there money's worth either way.

Hope the day would come where every single title is available on streaming......
Old May 12, 2013, 11:03 PM   #2
pdjudd
macrumors 68040

1) Complexity of licensing of content.
2) Cable and other traditional CDN's are far more profitable to the studios and content producers - at least in their own views. They get far more profit ticking to what they got then going with something new despite what people want. They want profits.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 01:48 PM   #3
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech198 View Post
Hope the day would come where every single title is available on streaming......
That day probably will never come for various contract reasons (same reason why not every single title is available on DVD) but eventually the vast majority of titles will be available for streaming. As pdjudd said, a very big part of it is money which makes sense. If you make widgets and Person A offered to pay $10 per widget and Person B offered to pay $100 per widget which person are you more inclined to sell to (all other things being equal)?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion