Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
I decided to get the 4,bought it from my local best buy which had stock.
Got the 16 gb white and sold the mini on ebay,yea I could of returned it,but because they are selling for higher prices on ebay I actually made $50 more dollars than what I paid for it.
So overall a win win situation.
I might get it again in the future because I really did love the size and lightness of it.
For those asking if I really use my ipad for a main computer,yes I do.
I have an older macbook I keep larger files on,but it's my ipad I use all the time.
Although I am very interested in the new 13" retina now:)

Last edited:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Benchmark info means absolutely nothing!!!!

People who sold their full sized retina ipad for a mini would be insane. Many of which used as PC and Mini screen is smaller, less clear. If you want portable, get Ipod touch or kindle whatever at 199usd, i would understand if you are coming from Ipad or Ipad 2 but from Retina Pad, its just insane.

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
Benchmark info means absolutely nothing!!!!

People who sold their full sized retina ipad for a mini would be insane. Many of which used as PC and Mini screen is smaller, less clear. If you want portable, get Ipod touch or kindle whatever at 199usd, i would understand if you are coming from Ipad or Ipad 2 but from Retina Pad, its just insane.

That's why I couldn't keep it,yea I loved it's portability but it was like taking a step backwards in technology.
Just picked up the 4,so far loving it!

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
O rly?

First time I've heard 100% improvement being considered "slight". It's a HUGE improvement in graphics performance. If the fanboys weren't so butthurt about not having the shiniest new toy 7 months after they bought it, they'd be lauding this improvment. It also craps on the GPU in the new Nexus 10.

Hey smarty pants, what do those numbers mean EXACTLY?

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
If you must know I am disabled and have limited use of my hands from severe nerve damage.

Well then I do sincerely apologize. Furthermore, I respect you a great deal that you are productively working instead of simply retiring on disability.

What is with the critization?

I don't bother with little typos and slight mistakes; we all make them. Nevertheless, I feel it is worthwhile to fight for good communication. You are an unfortunate victim of collateral damage that I regret.

I don't see the movie "Idiocracy" as a comedy, I take it as a warning!

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
I can't imagine using any iPad, retina or not, as my main computer.

Funny because it has been my main computer for the last four months or so. I'm getting along fine with this. It works for my workflow, but I understand it won't for all people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.