Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaPhatty

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Hey everyone. Just wanted to see if any of you have found a way to batch process your MKV to M4V conversions in MP4Tools without having to manually add each file one at a time. Ideally, I would like to either point it at a folder and simply convert the contents. Either that or perhaps script the process whereby I pass specific paths for each file I want converted and automatically apply a specific profile. This would greatly speed up my workflow now that I've established a quality baseline.

DaPhatty

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Looks like I managed to answer my own question. Turns out you have to configure both the Settings and Track Selection presets BEFORE you import your batch of files using the Open button. Otherwise, the app returns an ambiguous error that makes it seem like batch conversions are not supported. It also helps if you create a Settings preset of your own as I've found the application likes to revert to the Manual preset from time to time. Once you hit the convert button, the application will apply your settings to each file that you selected for conversion.

Pro-tip - It helps if you have all of your source files in the same folder. It makes file selection that much quicker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.