Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RV72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
i'm thinking about taking a long holiday in an rv and trying full time rv camping, but first i want to check out the lifestyle in detail. i was wondering if there has ever been an rv camping simulator released on any platform.

i read blogs like these that are quite good, though it isn't like trying a simulator:

RV Dreams (www.rv-dreams.com)
Go RVing (www.gorving.com)
greenMinimalism (www.greenminimalism.com)
cheaprvliving (www.cheaprvlivingblog.com)

imagine reading about flying, compared to some of the best flight simulators that there are around today. if there are good flight simulators, there must be some good rv ones that involve getting groceries, finding campsites, etc?

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
imagine reading about flying, compared to some of the best flight simulators that there are around today. if there are good flight simulators, there must be some good rv ones that involve getting groceries, finding campsites, etc?

Flying takes an incredible amount of skill and dedication, even when using a simulator. Buying groceries and finding RV camp sites takes a driver's license, a smartphone/Internet connection, and a pulse.

Thraun

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
To be honest, I think you're having no luck because no RV camping simulator has ever existed. And I don't think it ever needs to, to be even more honest.

adelewen

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
I saw on Google something called Youda Camper, but am not even sure it is a current or legit development - you may check it out for yourself.

I've played some Youda games before and they're simulator games ala Simcity style. You build your own park/camp/city/country/whatever. Doing a quick google search for the game gave me a flash version of the game you can play. I'm not sure that's what you're looking for since you want to go RVing, not make a RV camp. Those blogs are useful, but if you want more of an idea of what things are like, maybe find an RV forum of some sort? Or maybe a documentary or a youtube series or something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.