Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Mar 27, 2015, 04:01 PM   #101
richardc1983
macrumors regular

Airport Express 802.11n (1st Generation)

Hello everyone.

Sorry to revive an old thread but didn't want to start a new post when you folks here might already have the answer.

I have the above (in my title) airport express. Had nothing but trouble on 7.6.4 such as an amber light showing and it refusing to connect to any wireless network. I would resort to hard resetting it, and then it will only connect via Ethernet cable into the back of the laptop. Is this standard procedure? I got given this off a friend.

I would also get a lot of audio drop outs and it seems to run quite warm as well which concerned me, almost hot.

Anyway I have downgraded back to 7.6.1 as that seemed to be a recommendation earlier in the post by someone else. So here we are 2 years on, I note that some people recommend 7.6.3 as .4 was buggy?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you.
richardc1983 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion