Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1
moviefanaddict2
macrumors newbie

Best video settings for iPad 3, iPad mini, and Apple TV

Sorry if this has been asked before. If it has, please just point me in the right direction.

Anyone know what is the best resolution for converting movies for viewing on the ipad 3, apple tv, and ipad mini? I was using 1280x720 on ipad 3 [ipad settings from iskysoft video converter] (which apparently sucks). It looks great on ipad, but when it's transferred to the ipad mini, the black bars from the letterbox format are much larger on the mini. You can barely see the video at all.

I was using Handbrake, but once I upgraded to Mountain Lion, it has stopped working. Any other programs have an "anamorphic" setting? Or anyone know another resolution that will look better?

I don't mind spending money to purchase a new program either. iskysoft has been terrible lately, and takes way too long.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
moviefanaddict2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help