Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
The OP's experience is pretty much similar to mine.

Android simply just doesn't "work" like iOS does. Even though Google has made strides in stabilizing the OS and adding cool features, it simply doesn't feel finished to me while iOS feels very polished.

That's quite a generic statement, care to add specifics?

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
You're likely in the minority.

Android fans generally come down to two groups.

1. I like large phones
2. I am a Hacker type that want to customize heavily.

If Apple came out with a 5" iPhone a large swath of group #1 would be on it in a heartbeat. Group #2 would likely stay Android but keep in mind Group #2 is a really small group even compared to Group #1.

Cant agree with that. Android is just better. Ive been using it for over 2.5 years and Jelly Bean is far ahead of Eclair which is where i started. So smooth now, fast and is just a pleasure to use.

I got tired of iOS and having to jailbreak to make it do things i wanted. I dont get tired of Android and they bring great things to the table with every update. Sure a 5" iPhone would be nice, but it will still have iOS which needs a big upgrade and you still will have to use iTunes...which sucks.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Android fans generally come down to two groups.

1. I like large phones
2. I am a Hacker type that want to customize heavily.

I think you're generalizing way too much. No different than someone claiming that all iPhone users are elitist kids who are unable to make choices. My experience is, they just like it on its own.

In the same way, the majority of Android phone users I know, are non-techie 30ish females. They like things like the big screen, social integration, Back button, and customization (but I sure wouldn't call them hackers).

rans0m00

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I think you're generalizing way too much. No different than someone claiming that all iPhone users are elitist kids who are unable to make choices. My experience is, they just like it on its own.

In the same way, the majority of Android phone users I know, are non-techie 30ish females. They like things like the big screen, social integration, Back button, and customization (but I sure wouldn't call them hackers).

Oddly the back button has turned into almost a need for me.... After doing android then playing on my ipad I find the navigation to be very clunky. That's just my two cents and not really up for debate... If someone doesn't agree then rock on the ios fits them better than it fit me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.