Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:55 PM   #1
DaGrandMastah
macrumors 6502a

Apple Script or Workflow to resize CBR/CBZ files?

Hi all, I have a bunch of comic book files on my computer that I'd like to resize down to a lower resolution (i do all my reading on a tablet and don't need all that extra resolution).

I am currently unzipping the files and using preview to resize the files from 1920x to 1280x and then rezipping the file and renaming back to cbr. This is a pretty time consuming process.

Would anyone be able to help me with a script or workflow to automate this process? Being that the resizing may differ if it's a 2 page spread I would prefer to have a script where it'll shrink the file down to 70% of it's existing size. Could anyone please help or point me in the right direction?
DaGrandMastah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:04 AM   #2
superscape
macrumors regular

Hmmm...

Hi,

I'm not familiar with CBR files, but according to this page...

http://www.filesuffix.com/extension/cbr.html

...they're just renamed .rar files containing an image.

Off the top of my head, I'd be tempted to look at a command line solution, maybe using something like rarlab to extract (http://www.rarlab.com), sips to do the image conversion then rarlab again to make it back into a .rar file then just change file extension back to cbr.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with that file type so I can check if that'd work - but the above seems like a sensible starting point to me.
superscape is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming