Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2010
You can't even delete albums. Then when I click on a album I see photos I don't want on my phone and try to delete it and you can't even do that. I get the options to add to a new album or share...WTF. It's been like this for to long and they need to fix this crap.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
I think he is talking about albums you loaded on there from iTunes. I agree it’s a pain. I also don't like that you can't move a photo from the camera roll to an album without it staying in the camera roll. That should be corrected too if they really want to go PC free.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Yep, the photo app needs some work. I too hate that you can't delete a photo only from the camera roll if you moved it to another album, without deleting both photo's. This is actually one thing I haven't submitted feedback for. I think I'll do that soon. Maybe it will be "major feature" in iOS 7 :D

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
i have 1 photo in an event named "Aug 1, 2012" in my iphone which just wont go away. its not in my mac's itunes, i have tried everything under the skies to get rid of it and it will always come back when i sync with iphoto.

i have no clue where it comes from and since apple will not let me delete it in my phone it just sits there to annoy the hell out of me every day i open the photo app.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
The best option we have to get Apple to do anything is to use their feedback page and let them know what your suggestions are.

Apple feedback for iPhone

my issue described above has been reported to apple several times and people still don't know what to do in the event a sync goes bad and you are stuck with a photo in your phone you can't get rid of .

besides that, i think no one yet knows the reason apple won't let us delete albums - and if they ignore that people want to have more control over their pics in iOS at this point is because they are living in their own little world.

its ironic that since iOS 5 you are allowed to update your firmware without a cable but you cant edit or remove photo albums without one.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
my issue described above has been reported to apple several times and people still don't know what to do in the event a sync goes bad and you are stuck with a photo in your phone you can't get rid of .

besides that, i think no one yet knows the reason apple won't let us delete albums - and if they ignore that people want to have more control over their pics in iOS at this point is because they are living in their own little world.

its ironic that since iOS 5 you are allowed to update your firmware without a cable but you cant edit or remove photo albums without one.

I fully understand your frustration; let's hope they fix this in iOS 7 this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.