Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Aug 14, 2013, 01:10 PM   #26
silverf1re
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink10 View Post
I cant remember exactly what the link was but I think this is the updated link.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
Thanks. I purchased a macbook air from best buy about a month ago and the ssd went out. I guess it was a display model and apple is not honoring my warranty from my purchase date, just 90 days after they shipped it to the store. Hopefully best buy will send it off for repair. Should have done more research but I feel i got duped.
silverf1re is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2013, 03:38 PM   #27
kensic
macrumors 6502

bought my open box MBP 15 on MARCH 11 2013. this is a mid 2012 model (so it was produced in jun/july 2012).

sent in my receipt to apple, apple changed the warranty date starting March 11 2013.

even better, the computer came with Lion OS, so I called apple asked about the free update to Mountain Lion OS promotion that they had going on. apple gladly gave me a free code to ML.

even better, every mac 2011 *not sure* or newer gets ilife for free. because the ilife has been used up by the last purchaser, apple gladly gave me a free code to ilife.

i'm happy with a smile getting 40% off the retail price.
kensic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2013, 03:54 PM   #28
vpro
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensic View Post
bought my open box MBP 15 on MARCH 11 2013. this is a mid 2012 model (so it was produced in jun/july 2012).

sent in my receipt to apple, apple changed the warranty date starting March 11 2013.

even better, the computer came with Lion OS, so I called apple asked about the free update to Mountain Lion OS promotion that they had going on. apple gladly gave me a free code to ML.

even better, every mac 2011 *not sure* or newer gets ilife for free. because the ilife has been used up by the last purchaser, apple gladly gave me a free code to ilife.

i'm happy with a smile getting 40% off the retail price.

very smart consumer right here folks! the company isn't the man, he is!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 03:16 AM   #29
kensic
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpro View Post
very smart consumer right here folks! the company isn't the man, he is!
hahah lol, don't know if you're joking or not. but thanks. i got lucky or maybe my persuading words were charming to the apple rep.
kensic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro