Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tapper101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
I am an att gophone customer who bought an iphone 4s from a friend. I use to use an iphone 3g but it broke so i am back to a generic phone. The friend gave me the microsim that came with the iphone, my question is how do I activate the microsim with my phone plan and info. Im not worried about contacts or anything just the activation. If i go to the att store to have them transfer it will they make me sign up for a contract?

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
You could go to an AT&T store to get your SIM swapped for a MicroSIM. I don't think you can reactivate an old SIM that's been deactivated.

Another option is to buy a MicroSIM cutter and cut your existing SIM.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I am an att gophone customer who bought an iphone 4s from a friend. I use to use an iphone 3g but it broke so i am back to a generic phone. The friend gave me the microsim that came with the iphone, my question is how do I activate the microsim with my phone plan and info. Im not worried about contacts or anything just the activation. If i go to the att store to have them transfer it will they make me sign up for a contract?

You need to get your current working sim transferred to a micro sim. Deactivated sims normally can't be rescued.

I just cut down my sims with a pair of scissors, not that difficult.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
You need to get your current working sim transferred to a micro sim. Deactivated sims normally can't be rescued.

I just cut down my sims with a pair of scissors, not that difficult.

Google mini sim to micro sim template and just cut out your old sim. Did this with my grandparents GoPhone when I gave them my 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.