Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BilbooToo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Hi,

Having been introduced to Apple via various iPods (inc 4g Touch) and recently a iPad (3g), I've decided to take the plunge and move to a Mac Mini.

I'm decided on the mid-range model with the upgraded processor, I'll then bump the memory up 16gb myself.

I do get a discount via my employer of around 6%, so not sure whether to buy now from there or wait for the Black Friday discounts.

I'm in the UK but do remember discounts last year, just not sure on what and for how much.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards
John

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
The few ads I have seen so far (Best Buy, Walmart) in the US haven't shown any discounts on Apple hardware. Walmart was giving a $75 gift card with an iPad 3rd gen purchase though. I'm not sure how different it is in the UK though.

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I thought Apple gave a 5% discount for Black Friday, or am I mistaken?

Not that I can recall, they've usually just had a few things on sale.

In any case, I'll happily take sleeping in and not dealing with crazy nutjob shoppers over saving 30 bucks.

BilbooToo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for the feedback, think I'll take the plunge though my employers.

Thanks again,
John.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Not on Macs

Apple Retail hasn't traditionally had Black Friday sales on Apple devices, but they do usually give discounts on everything else in store.

When I worked there customers on Black Friday received 15% off accessories, which is the same discount Apple employees received every day.

Not worth waiting for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.