Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christy.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
To the readers:

I have a imac OS X 10.6.8 version, snow leopard. What I basically do is e-mail, some shopping, store photos, use Itunes, basic stuff. I have an ipad 1, iphone4s, and ipod nano. Not sure if these all need better software? If it matters? I have no issues whatsoever with any items.....

I don't have podcasts, or watch movies through itunes. Just music, and it stores pictures. I have icloud and my products sync, but I don't know details. Right now I have some time to learn so I'm doing so. ( I haven't used the Nano in probably 1.5 yrs or so....saving it for my son when he's old enough)

Is an upgrade something I should do or leave things status quo?

Thank you ( :

AT06

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
If Snow Leopard satisfies your needs, then there is no point in upgrading. However, if there are some new features in Mountain Lion that you might not necessarily need but like the sound of, then the small cost to upgrade is worth it.

christy.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Thank you. I was hoping that Leopard would be sufficient security-wise so good to know upgrade is optional. Thanks ( :

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.