Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Yes, I have considered the 6D, but in reality its advantage over the 5DII does not justify the added cost, at least to me. While the focusing system on the 6D may be a "tad" faster or more accurate, it's still lacking compared to the 5DIII. Also, low-light shooting is something I don't do without artificial light. I do take photos of the Auroras all the time, but don't need more than 400-600 ISO (most times 400 is plenty with a slightly longer exposure).

Ah the joys of living in Alaska, never saw one single Aurora in my life :(

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Ah the joys of living in Alaska, never saw one single Aurora in my life :(

The Auroras are supposed to be more active this year according to the forecast, but it hasn't been that way in recent weeks. We have had some activity, but not nearly as much as forecasted.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
The Auroras are supposed to be more active this year according to the forecast, but it hasn't been that way in recent weeks. We have had some activity, but not nearly as much as forecasted.

Increased activity is due to global warming.

Decreased activity is due to global warming.

:D:D:D

dmax35

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
Personally, I would go for a used 5D II over a 7D, especially if you want full frame...

I agree since he's doing wedding stuff, the 5D II performs great with field of depth vs a 7D. Thou if he has the extra $$$ jump up to the 5D III getting the best of both worlds.

I recently sold my D800 and bought a 5D III to replace it and love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.