Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Well then, maybe the problem is something to do with your configuration, network or all kinds of other possibilities. A restore on one of them will help you determine that. No one seems to be able to help you so your options seem to be limited that. Since you refuse to try that then its seems that you're stuck.

Is it a coincidence that mine all work fine as do plenty of other peoples'?!

Did a restore yesterday. Home sharing works perfectly on my iPad 3 w/iOS 5.1.1 as well my jailbroken iPhone on iOS 5.1.1 so it's obviously not just my network

----------

I believe the OP is referring to the fact that home sharing for music is a disaster. I've had the same issue with iOS 6 on all my devices. Never had any issues before the upgrade. Basically the problem involves the music app almost never displaying the full list of artists or albums until going into settings, logging out and then back in to home sharing which is complete nonsense. Also album art is not displayed properly. And forget about streaming a 1080p movie.

Declandio what about this guy that you've ignored in this thread

----------

I have an ipad 3 and my Home Sharing wont even load music or movies after updating to IOS6. I even took a chance in buying a new router, thinking maybe I needed to upgrade it. That didn't work either. Sad thing is, Apple tech. support initially took my call, but the main person I tried to talk to about the issue basically ignores my calls and every other tech support person I talk to acts like the problem doesn't exist. They all say that no one else is calling in with this issue. Has anyone in this thread called apple support??? I wish I could take my iPad back now... Home sharing is a big part of why I got it...

Looks your ignoring this guy as well

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
Did a restore yesterday. Home sharing works perfectly on my iPad 3 w/iOS 5.1.1 as well my jailbroken iPhone on iOS 5.1.1 so it's obviously not just my network

----------

Declandio what about this guy that you've ignored in this thread

----------

Looks your ignoring this guy as well

Wow, you're right. Three people on a forum = there must be a bug.

Only person I'll be ignoring from now on is you! Good luck with your problems!

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Wow, you're right. Three people on a forum = there must be a bug.

Only person I'll be ignoring from now on is you! Good luck with your problems!

Just because you are not experiencing the problem does not mean it doesn't exist. You are one of very few people who have home sharing working.

saxman211

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
Try going into settings and take out your account email and password and then put it back in after exiting out of the settings app. (On the iPad)

Thanks Lunaoso,
Unfortunately, I've tried this many times and it doesn't work... :(

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Funny how Declandio can't post a screen shot. I bet he doesn't even use home sharing.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Funny how Declandio can't post a screen shot. I bet he doesn't even use home sharing.

A screenshot of what - exactly? Why don't you spend less time bashing others, and more time trying to discuss the issue.

I've personally never experienced any glitches with home sharing in iOS 6. I have a permanently running iTunes instance on a Windows VM on my home server, and it's never missed a beat. I do wish it would work over VPN though!

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
A screenshot of what - exactly? Why don't you spend less time bashing others, and more time trying to discuss the issue.

I've personally never experienced any glitches with home sharing in iOS 6. I have a permanently running iTunes instance on a Windows VM on my home server, and it's never missed a beat. I do wish it would work over VPN though!

A screen shot of his artists or albums using any iOS 6 device (Apple TV is not iOS 6)

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
A screen shot of his artists or albums using any iOS 6 device (Apple TV is not iOS 6)

You're a funny guy! I have better things to do with my time than to take & post screenshots to satisfy you! I really don't care if you don't believe me; home sharing works fine on my devices, end of story.

Some posts on Apple.com mention adjusting the 'energy saver' settings on your mac to get home sharing working if you're having issues (disable the compluter sleep settings & reboot everything). Have you tried that?

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
My iPad mini and 2 of my iPod touches are running iOS 6. Home sharing takes about twice as long to load as it did on iOS 5.1 and it also will not show artists, albums, or composers only songs, playlists, and genres.

This is an obvious bug and I refuse to update my iPad 3rd generation to iOS 6 until this is fixed.

The following is from my iPhone 4S running 6.0.1. You see something different, I take it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 74

saxman211

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the amount of music you have on your hard drive. I actually have 291.39 GB of music on my itunes. The Update of IOS6 can not handle that much music I'm guessing...

Master123of

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Germany
When I select my libary in the Videos App on my iPad it takes 1-2 Minutes until it is connected and then again a very long time to load the covers. When I watched a TV show the show ist still marked as "unseen" in iTunes. :mad:

edit: iOS 6.1.3, I have a very big iTunes libary too. I use the latest AirPort Express and all devices are connected wirelessly

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.