Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awaisuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I just got an iphone and i downloaded itunes. Then i put all the music i want in the LIBRARY. Then i right click on MUSIC in itunes in iphone and click SYNC, but nothing happens?

I tried disconnecting then again, but still nothing

Help please?

Is there another software beside itunes for transfering music?

thanks

iSimon

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
Glasgow
By default iTunes won't be set to synchronise your music with the iPhone. In iTunes select the iPhone via the menu on the left (if it isn't already) and then click the Music tab at the top of the main window. Then set it to synchronise (either all or just the folders you choose). Then when you click Sync it should copy the music across.

Hope that helps.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
When i click on my iphone in itunes, i hit the music tab. I use to be able to drag files from my pc over to itunes. Now I have a circle with a line through it. Wont let me move music. Any ideas why??

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
go to this link and it's all explained clearly. It works like a charm cos I just( and I mean JUST) did it :) Hope this isn't too late to be of help.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1848
;)

I would like to think that after 3 1/2 yrs the OP was able to figure it out.

Also, the OP wanted to know how to add music to their iPhone from a PC and the article you posted is how to transfer music from your iPhone to your PC (the opposite).

CircleThree

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2011
Mac to Iphone/Ipod/Nano music transfer

I had an Iphone with my music on it. I 'borrowed' someones apstore account to purchase something and ended loosing the music on the phone (Don't ask me how - it takes talent)!

So to get music from my Mac, where it was backed up or originally located, I did this:

1. Plugged in Iphone to Mac
2. Go to Itunes on Mac
3. Make a playlist with name you like - I called mine 'Afternoon Music'
4. Go to Library/music in Mac Itunes
5. I wanted to copy everything so selected all the music (you could do individual songs/albums if you like and this is a a good test of the transfer)
6. I dragged music to the playlist I made in step 3.
7. Then.... I dragged and dropped the Playlist on top of the iPhone icon on listed as a device for iTunes.
8. I listened to my music again on my Iphone using the Ipod ap.

Works Great. :) Very simple for me. Next time I want to share my music I'll just drag and drop my playlist.

graydonreid

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
THE EASY WAY... to transfer music from your pc to your iPhone

What you will be doing is transferring your music from your computer (pc) to iTunes and then from iTunes to your iPhone.

1) Open iTunes, click on 'File' at the top of the window and from the drop down pane select 'Add File to Library' if you want to add just one song or 'Add Folder to Library' to add a number of songs contained in a folder.

2) From the 'Add to Library' window (that just popped up) select the file or folder that you wish to place in the iTunes music library by highlighting it and clicking on the 'Select Folder' button at the bottom of the window. (For clarification: Your song(s) will now be in iTunes in the 'Music' folder under the 'Library' heading. If your iPhone is already plugged into your computer and you click on 'Music' under the 'Library' heading in iTunes a window may pop up suggesting something to the effect of, things have changed and would you like to sync - select ok and the job is done.)

3) Plug your iPhone into your computer, if you haven't done so already, highlight your iPhone under the 'Device' heading, then select 'Music' from the top bar.

4) You can now choose to transfer (Sync) your 'Entire music library' (best choice) or 'Selected playlists, artists, albums, and...' to your iPhone by checking off your choice and then clicking on the 'Apply' button at the bottom. NOTE: If you chose the 'Selected playlists, artists, albums, and...' then THAT IS ALL you will find on your iPhone.

Last edited:

jrhunter10

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
Music from PC to iPhone4 - file format error

I am trying to transfer a lot of music from my PC to my iPhone4. Some of it transferred into iTunes without issue but most of it I receive an error message "...songs in protected WMA format...". All of these are from original CDs that I own but I really don't want to have to install them to transfer to my iPhone. Does anyone know know how to easily (even with 3rd party software) get around this? I've read a lot of forums but no one has mentioned this specific issue. Thanks for any help!

ryanlawrence171

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
How to transfer music from pc to iphone?

Just connect your iPhone to pc and open the iTunes then go to the option showing [add file to library or add folder to library in file option] on your left side of the desktop screen and click on apply and then sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.