Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furious.99

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
Hey everyone. I was thinking of buying a pair of skullcandy headphones but then I came across this forums and now I'm having second thoughts. I was thinking of buying an icon 2 or an uprock. Which one do you suggest? Or should I not buy a skullcandy at all?

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Hey everyone. I was thinking of buying a pair of skullcandy headphones but then I came across this forums and now I'm having second thoughts. I was thinking of buying an icon 2 or an uprock. Which one do you suggest? Or should I not buy a skullcandy at all?

forget skull candy I've had soo much trouble dealing with there RMA and the headphones last all of 15 days. Save your money.

Dheeru

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2013
S'candy headphone compatibility

is crusher model of S'candy compatible with sony xperia u? coz thr r a lotta speculation about skullcandy headphones compatibility with smartphones..

*dilemma* ..

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
is crusher model of S'candy compatible with sony xperia u? coz thr r a lotta speculation about skullcandy headphones compatibility with smartphones..

Grado SR60i.

They are excellent headphones for the money connected to your HiFi equipment (but more money will get you better headphones). However, when connected to any tiny battery-driven device with limited power, they are the best you can get for any money, because any better headphones that you could get need more power.

firstrev360

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Grado SR60i.

They are excellent headphones for the money connected to your HiFi equipment (but more money will get you better headphones). However, when connected to any tiny battery-driven device with limited power, they are the best you can get for any money, because any better headphones that you could get need more power.

Agree.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland

Skull Candy is a double edged sword really. Their products are okay and the durability of them varies. Lots of people complain about them being too brittle and breaking very easily or random things like one of the ears stops producing sounds, etc. YMMV really does apply to Skull Candy products.

That said, I've had my fair share of issues with SK products however, they have a really great warranty on them. I've been able to send back 2 year old headphones and they'll credit me for the retail price of the units. Then I can get another newer pair of headphones which is nice. On the other hand, the reason they do this should be of concern as well since, I'm assuming, they get A LOT of returned headphones. I'm actually waiting on Uprocks to replace my older Icons. I have two pairs of Icons and I like them a lot. Pretty good sound and pretty durable for the most part. The pair I sent back had some issues with the speakers.

Overall, it's somewhat of a hassle to deal with sending stuff back every now and then but I think it's fine. I've spent about $40 total in SK headphones but I've been able to get about 5-6 pairs of headphones just from their warranty process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.