Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

isayhoomhom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
I've recently set up a new website – http://www.futurefive.org. I was viewing it on my iMac (OSX 10.7.5) and it was showing one of those placeholder pages (generic woman smiling, URL in a green bar at the top, with nonsense search items down the left). After the DNS resolved, the URL takes you to the website on every computer and iPhone EXCEPT this iMac. Still takes you to that placeholder page (see attachment). I've tried running the Terminal command sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder, but it doesn't change anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 8.43.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 8.43.36 AM.png
    278.9 KB · Views: 181

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Give it time, it can take over 24 hours for the DNS servers to synchronize.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It's already been 72 hours.

Contact your web host then, its not an issue with your local set up.

When your iPhone accesses the site, is it on wifi? If so then its may not be DNS. Did you try clearing your web cache from your browser?

HenryAZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
South Congress AZ
I am getting the Future5 site (the correct one, not the placeholder), when I click on your URL.

You may also want to flush the DNS resolver cache in your router (stop and restart).

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
If other advice given fails...

On your mac check two things:

1) Look in /etc/hosts and make sure that domain is not listed already with a different IP - remove it if found as local DNS overrides remote (i.e. in terminal -> sudo vi /etc/hosts)

2) Flush your Mac's DNS cache in terminal:
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

:cool:

isayhoomhom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
All excellent advice. Thank you! Mysteriously, after no further action on my part, the DNS has resolved and the site is now showing up properly. One of those things, I guess. My best to all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.