Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Apr 20, 2015, 05:28 PM   #226
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-PTEK View Post
The question asked was about safety training.

I assume gun accident deaths, 831, were due to negligence, possibly due to no/poor training.

So the comparison stands, people are trained to use cars and 30k+ die every year versus 831 for guns.

The 30,000 total deaths you state does not break it down, how many are in Chicago, Detroit, DC, etc which are tied to guns not legally purchased?
Well there's a lot of suicides that would be avoided if the person didn't own a gun, and murders.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:51 PM   #227
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Like this?

Originally Posted by lostngone
I am always surprised the amount of hate I see towards the NRA in this forum.

If you are someone that has a distaste for the NRA I would like to know how much you actually know about the NRA and what it does(other then lobby) and/or why you dislike them.

Quote:
Early last summer I began making contributions to the National Rifle Association — a dollar here, a dollar there — to see where my money would end up. Some of it quickly found its way into the account of the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund, the NRA’s political action committee. And that was of no small interest, because I never knowingly contributed to the NRA-PVF. For me, this wasn’t a big problem; my contributions were a spit in the bucket for an organization that spent $37 million on the 2014 elections and operates on an annual budget of more than a quarter of a billion dollars. But my contributions and others like them may be a big problem for the NRA because, according to some of the nation’s top experts on federal election law, they are all illegal.
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/the-n...744915796.html
rdowns is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues