Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Is there an application or terminal command that reverse the scrolling on my iBook G4? I would like it to function the same way all of my other devices do if possible. Thanks in advance.

gaboshenia

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
Is there an application or terminal command that reverse the scrolling on my iBook G4? I would like it to function the same way all of my other devices do if possible. Thanks in advance.

I use iScroll2 on my G4 PowerBook for that. Install it and check "invert direction" from iScroll settings in system pref.

EDIT:
oh, ahm...the above is completley useless if you're on an ibook that was built after 2005 with official support for two finger scrolling..

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
I use iScroll2 on my G4 PowerBook for that. Install it and check "invert direction" from iScroll settings in system pref.

EDIT:
oh, ahm...the above is completley useless if you're on an ibook that was built after 2005 with official support for two finger scrolling..

Try this, I have no idea if it is PPC compatible, but it is 10.4 and 10.5 compatible.

http://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/

It's PowerPC compatible. I use it on my 2006 17" Mac.

All of you = AWESOME. Yes, thank you very much. I don't know why this didn't come up when I was searching for it, but I am now very happy. Thanks again!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I wanted to mention AveScroller this morning, but I was not at my Mac at the time. Here it is now. AveScroller gives you intertia scrolling and also has reverse scrolling built in (if you want it). It's not free, but this combined with iScroll2 gives my 2003 Mac the same kind of scrolling you can find on the newer Macs.

EDIT: Also, you may want to look here. I've used this terminal command (it's only for 10.5 Leopard), but it didn't really work for me. That's when I hunted down AveScroller.

Last edited:

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY

I had my iBook for about two years before I learned that it could do two-finger scrolling. I found out from a post on one of these threads. Glad I did. I love it.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
I had my iBook for about two years before I learned that it could do two-finger scrolling. I found out from a post on one of these threads. Glad I did. I love it.

The funny thing now is that even though my iBook scrolls the same way that my other devices do, I am having trouble initially(the way I did in the beginning) training myself to scroll properly.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
The funny thing now is that even though my iBook scrolls the same way that my other devices do, I am having trouble initially(the way I did in the beginning) training myself to scroll properly.

We have a Macbook Pro. We took it somewhere while we were still running 10.6, and we were working with someone with a MBP running 10.7. Every time someone switched computers, we had to relearn how to scroll. Horrible.

Wildy

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
I wanted to mention AveScroller this morning, but I was not at my Mac at the time. Here it is now. AveScroller gives you intertia scrolling and also has reverse scrolling built in (if you want it). It's not free, but this combined with iScroll2 gives my 2003 Mac the same kind of scrolling you can find on the newer Macs.

EDIT: Also, you may want to look here. I've used this terminal command (it's only for 10.5 Leopard), but it didn't really work for me. That's when I hunted down AveScroller.

Thanks for the heads up, I've just purchased a copy! The inertial scrolling feels really nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.