Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tamag901

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Fabula Nova Chrysalia
Good day, everyone.

I've got Minecraft under OS X and Windows. When I play Minecraft under OS X, its very stable, getting 40-50 frames per second. But, under Windows, it drops to about 5-15 FPS. I usually play Minecraft under OS X, but I'm basically curious on why it runs horribly under Windows. All my specs are in my sig.

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Is Java updated to the latest version on windows? Is it running in 64 bit mode? (Im assuming you have a 64 bit CPU) Do you have the latest drivers installed?
Did you use the bootcamp installer CD after you installed windows?

chibiterasu

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
London, The United Kingdom
Good day, everyone.

I've got Minecraft under OS X and Windows. When I play Minecraft under OS X, its very stable, getting 40-50 frames per second. But, under Windows, it drops to about 5-15 FPS. I usually play Minecraft under OS X, but I'm basically curious on why it runs horribly under Windows. All my specs are in my sig.

And whats wrong with playing it on osx you brought a mac and your trying to play game that works fine in osx in windows. Why didn't you buy a windows laptop???

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
And whats wrong with playing it on osx you brought a mac and your trying to play game that works fine in osx in windows. Why didn't you buy a windows laptop???
How exactly does your quizzing the OP on their computing needs help solve their problem?

GoldenTatertot

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
I'm having the same problem, with the same Mac, but 2011 model. Also bootcamping Windows 7 64-bit with up-to-date Java installed ._.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.