Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Jun 20, 2013, 08:11 PM   #26
jmitch720
macrumors member

I backed the Nomad on Kickstarter. I love it. Haters gonna hate.
jmitch720 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:01 AM   #27
norrismantooth
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to norrismantooth Send a message via Yahoo to norrismantooth Send a message via Skype™ to norrismantooth
I would buy this cable, as it's usefulness is about the same as a small keyring flash-drive or keyring flashlight. It's something I'd remember I had if I needed it. $25 is nothing for the convenience. If it were $30, I'd gripe.

----------

Make it $30, and include a t-shirt that says "I spend exorbitant amounts of money on Mac peripherals."
norrismantooth is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:28 AM   #28
thefourthpope
macrumors 6502a

I hope they stay in business until I get the updated phone this fall. Carrying around a full USB 30-pin in my bag (usually also with the wall adapter) is a waste of my attempted minimal bag space. I'll pay more for the convenience here....just like with every single Apple product I own
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:58 AM   #29
RightMACatU
macrumors 6502a

a keyring adapter... Really?! LOL!
I guess that their marketing expert said that there's a market for it
RightMACatU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:40 AM   #30
champ01

How about just make this work and not deliberately crippling it.
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:53 AM   #31
Beezzy
macrumors 6502

I recieved mine in the mail this week, I paid $10 for mine on the Kickstarter deal, this is def NOT worth the $25, there is a 5 second delay for the charging/syncing actually kicks in. Also the Lightning plastic head is wider than Apple's and it doesn't fit with my Lifeproof or my Spigen Slim Armor cases. The Kickstarter was made back in Oct/Nov and was delayed so much, I keep it on me just in case on my keychain, but I have so many Apple Branded USB Lightning Cables it doesn't even matter anymore.
Beezzy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:06 PM   #32
rbrian
macrumors 6502a

Having a cable on your key chain is a great idea, but I'd prefer something a bit better designed than a short length - something like the Scosche FlipSync would fit much better with my keys.

Shame they don't make a lightning version.

Last edited by rbrian; Jun 21, 2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Tidy the link
rbrian is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:56 PM   #33
Mrg02d
Banned

It IS a good idea...Just sounds like it isnt quality material? Thats a shame.
Mrg02d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:20 AM   #34
iHateMacs
macrumors 6502a

I think it is competitively priced.

I paid 25 for an Apple lightning to 30 pin adaptor which was even smaller than this.

I actually love Macs
iHateMacs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:38 AM   #35
Deedlez
macrumors regular

It's quite cool, a bit pricey but as people have said I'm sure it's being produced in low numbers, and the high cost parts will be the connectors rather than the cable.

Now all you need to go with it is a large battery with a key ring chain and a USB port, so you've actually got a power supply for recharging your phone with you...
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:31 AM   #36
eznoh
macrumors member

I got one from Headphone Project (headphoneproject.com) for 9.95 and free shipping. Works just fine.

Mike
eznoh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:07 PM   #37
paulrustad
macrumors newbie

Really?

People are complaining about price: how much do you spend at Starbucks for grande latte? $5, maybe more in California. After 1 week, you have spent 25 and having nothing to show for it. With the dongle, it will be around in 10 years still giving you value.
paulrustad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:04 AM   #38
snipper
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrustad View Post
People are complaining about price: how much do you spend at Starbucks for grande latte? $5, maybe more in California. After 1 week, you have spent 25 and having nothing to show for it. With the dongle, it will be around in 10 years still giving you value.
USB is already like what, 15 years old? Why do you need a converting cable in the first place? Look at the lifespans of other 'recent' computer standards. Chances are, USB will be gone in another 10 years. Also, a plastic part on a key chain wouldn't last for a decade with most people.
snipper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:23 PM   #39
e-coli
macrumors 68000

I freelance a lot all over the city. I bought this, even though I feel like the price is a bit high. To have my keys, my LaCie key drive and a charging cord all in my pocket is fantastic. One ultra compact package to go.

To each his own though.
e-coli is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:05 PM   #40
jshbckr
macrumors 6502

I find it hilarious how many people can't even wrap their heads around that fact that the cable is shorter, yet costs more. You don't understand this as you use a PHONE that costs more than some ENTIRE COMPUTERS. I'm talking powerful computers with 20" displays that can play games and hold WAY more data than your phone.

Wait, what's that? You want convenience? Oh. Something you can carry around in your pocket with ease? I guess I can understand that.

As someone who has no desire to buy this cable, I at least can still understand how the convenience could be worth the money for some people. A $25 cable you use 1000 times is better than $20 cable that is too long for your needs that you just leave in a drawer.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:00 AM   #41
rsocal
macrumors 6502a

People just like to complain!

All the negative comments on here crack me up, if you don't like it don't buy it!

They're not saying you have to buy it, it's just a product that some people will find very useful, I bought one and felt its worth the $25 I payed!
It's a very handy mini cord that I can use with my back up battery, charge in car or a USB port on any computer that's near.

If its going to break your bank at $25, how do you justify the cost of an iPhone???
rsocal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion