Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:36 AM   #26
palmerc2
macrumors 65816
 
palmerc2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
I only care about Queens of the Stone Age.
__________________
Things you own, end up owning you.
palmerc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:32 PM   #27
mwjd299
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
Ohhh that's great, I can't wait to watch Lady Gaga open the festival. She'll be performing APPLAUSE (out now on iTunes!), a long with a bunch of new songs from her album, ARTPOP.
I also can't wait. Lady Gaga is back. She will open the MTV Video Music Awards show on Aug. 25th.

Last edited by OllyW; Aug 27, 2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: clean up to quoted post
mwjd299 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 01:50 PM   #28
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarScott View Post
Does anyone know if there's any plans to bring LoveFilm to the Apple TV? Also things like iPlayer, ITV, 4OD and Channel 5? Things to turn it into a proper smart TV with the features we expect from the likes of Samsung and LG. Apple seem to be being very selective with the services they have on Apple TV. Though no doubt that's not entirely their fault.

A guess an App Store would deal with these things.
No plans that I'm aware of as they don't tend to announce these things in advance, but I don't see why they wouldn't add them over time. It would certainly make the AppleTV more attractive in the UK.

I think that's Apple masterplan. To slowly add more and more channels to the point were not being on there leaves the content provider at a disadvantage. This would certainly make it a viable alternative to cable/satellite for many people.
Shaun, UK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 03:46 PM   #29
JarScott
macrumors 68000
 
JarScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicestershire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
No plans that I'm aware of as they don't tend to announce these things in advance, but I don't see why they wouldn't add them over time. It would certainly make the AppleTV more attractive in the UK.

I think that's Apple masterplan. To slowly add more and more channels to the point were not being on there leaves the content provider at a disadvantage. This would certainly make it a viable alternative to cable/satellite for many people.
Exactly. I see it as being a replacement for these 'smart TV' sets. Just buy yourself a digital TV and an Apple TV, you'd have all the features of a 'smart' TV but far more elegant and organised than anything else on the market. Seems the perfect and most logical way for Apple to dominate the TV market in its current state.
__________________
iPad Air
iPhone 6 Plus
Retina MacBook Pro
JarScott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 05:50 PM   #30
TyPod
macrumors 68000
 
TyPod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: And Yourself?
Katy Perry...
__________________
01010100 01111001 01101100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101001 01100100 01100100 01101001 01100011 01101111 01100001 01110100 powerhourplaylists.com
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 07:43 PM   #31
kds1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York, New York
I've never watched these shows before. So, these are full concerts? So, on Sept 1st, Lady GaGa will be performing a full concert? Or is it just a few songs?
kds1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 07:51 PM   #32
OllyW
Moderator
 
OllyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Black Country, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kds1 View Post
I've never watched these shows before. So, these are full concerts? So, on Sept 1st, Lady GaGa will be performing a full concert? Or is it just a few songs?
They are full concerts. You can stream them live or watch a replay of the gig afterwards.
__________________
Some Apple stuff
Some other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/disco-tramps
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2013, 08:06 PM   #33
Harrycooke
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London/New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
Just getting that promo wherever we can!
And ohh luckyyy so so lucky.
She was PHENOMENAL. We're you watching?
__________________
Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense.

Gertrude Stein
Harrycooke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:28 PM   #34
chriscrk
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycooke View Post
She was PHENOMENAL. We're you watching?
Yessss of course! Watched it on my Apple TV

My favourite was MANiCURE I think. But I loved them all. Swine sounds like it'll be amazing in the studio version.
chriscrk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 09:12 AM   #35
Harrycooke
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London/New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
Yessss of course! Watched it on my Apple TV

My favourite was MANiCURE I think. But I loved them all. Swine sounds like it'll be amazing in the studio version.
I loved ARTPOP and SWINE. Aura was amazing too. Hard to choose a favourite.
Harrycooke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 09:22 AM   #36
blitzer09x87
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2013
so many great stars, no way i'm missing it this time!
blitzer09x87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:02 AM   #37
kds1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyW View Post
They are full concerts. You can stream them live or watch a replay of the gig afterwards.
I did watch the first show live, but, seems like there is no on demand replay? For those of you who have watched these shows in the past? How long does it take for the replay to be posted?
kds1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:03 AM   #38
UFGatorMel
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kds1 View Post
I did watch the first show live, but, seems like there is no on demand replay? For those of you who have watched these shows in the past? How long does it take for the replay to be posted?
I'm guessing since Lady Gaga was performing her new songs from an album that hasn't been released yet that her concert is not going to be available for replay.
UFGatorMel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:19 AM   #39
BSben
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kds1 View Post
I've never watched these shows before. So, these are full concerts? So, on Sept 1st, Lady GaGa will be performing a full concert? Or is it just a few songs?
That Gaga woman didn't do a full concert, just 8 songs.
BSben is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:28 AM   #40
OllyW
Moderator
 
OllyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Black Country, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kds1 View Post
I did watch the first show live, but, seems like there is no on demand replay? For those of you who have watched these shows in the past? How long does it take for the replay to be posted?
The full gig from night's Sigur Rós show is already available to view. They are usually available straight away so I'm guessing Lady Gaga has not allowed repeat viewing of her show.
__________________
Some Apple stuff
Some other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/disco-tramps
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:32 AM   #41
egoistaxx9
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
but still no app for the iphone unveil event.
maybe apple will take a surprising turn and unveil the iphone 5s/c at the itunes festival.
egoistaxx9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:03 AM   #42
bozzykid
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoistaxx9 View Post
but still no app for the iphone unveil event.
maybe apple will take a surprising turn and unveil the iphone 5s/c at the itunes festival.
Why would there be an app for an event they haven't officially announced yet?
bozzykid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:21 AM   #43
OllyW
Moderator
 
OllyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Black Country, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoistaxx9 View Post
but still no app for the iphone unveil event.
maybe apple will take a surprising turn and unveil the iphone 5s/c at the itunes festival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzykid View Post
Why would there be an app for an event they haven't officially announced yet?
Last time it only came on line a few hours before the WWDC 2013 Keynote started.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/...e-to-apple-tv/
__________________
Some Apple stuff
Some other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/disco-tramps
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:25 AM   #44
bozzykid
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyW View Post
Last time it only came on line a few hours before the WWDC 2013 Keynote started.
Sure, but September 10th is many days away. They aren't going to add it now when most of the press hasn't even gotten the invite yet.
bozzykid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:27 AM   #45
OllyW
Moderator
 
OllyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Black Country, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzykid View Post
Sure, but September 10th is many days away. They aren't going to add it now when most of the press hasn't even gotten the invite yet.
I know, I was backing you up.
__________________
Some Apple stuff
Some other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/disco-tramps
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 01:10 PM   #46
mwjd299
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorMel View Post
I'm guessing since Lady Gaga was performing her new songs from an album that hasn't been released yet that her concert is not going to be available for replay.
You can watch Lady GaGa's full concert here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7B3wG0iymc
mwjd299 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 05:23 PM   #47
egoistaxx9
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyW View Post
Last time it only came on line a few hours before the WWDC 2013 Keynote started.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/...e-to-apple-tv/
well, not to worry anymore, apple has set out invitation for the event...
egoistaxx9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 07:00 PM   #48
BarryL
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Looks awesome to me.
BarryL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple TV Updated with Revamped Channel for Upcoming iTunes Festival at SXSW 2014 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 47 Mar 13, 2014 02:29 PM
iTunes Festival Streaming Issue Joey Feidler Apple TV and Home Theater 0 Mar 12, 2014 12:42 AM
Apple Announces 2013 iTunes Festival in London Scheduled for September MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 60 Sep 29, 2013 06:13 PM
Apple's iTunes Festival App Updated With Video Streaming Ahead of Sunday Event Launch MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 17 Sep 6, 2013 12:19 PM
iTunes Festival 2012 Live Streaming App Appears on Apple TV MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 26 Sep 18, 2012 09:51 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC