Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi all
Need an answer for my friend. She has her friends laptop which runs windows 7. She has connected her iphone to the laptop and wants to see her photos which are on the phone on the laptop. But she is unable to see it. She is not able to see her iphone as removable storage device etc on the laptop. She can back up the phone on iTunes tho.

Any suggestions?

Thanks on advance.

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
Open the Photos app.
Then open My Computer and then open the iPhone in Windows Explorer.

That should do it. I often can't see the photos unless I open the Photos App first

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Open the Photos app.
Then open My Computer and then open the iPhone in Windows Explorer.

That should do it. I often can't see the photos unless I open the Photos App first

oh thanks so open up photos app on the iphone first? cool i'l let me friend know. thanks.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I haven't tried this yet but I don't think you can do that to an iPhone. If it doesn't show up as a removable drive it means you cannot access it through Explorer.

If I am right, you must access photo through iTunes, meaning you enable photo sync in iTunes.

cori07

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2013
Samsung--->Iphone "invisible" photos

Hi guys,

I really need you help to recover my photos.

I have just changed my Samsung Advance with an Iphone 4S. When I bought the Iphone, at the store, they transferred my photos from my Samsung on the new Iphone.
The issue is that I can see the photos on my Iphone, but when I try to save them on my laptop they are...how to say this...invisible and I can only see the photos from the Camera Roll. It's very clear that the photos are there because the Internal Storage shows 2.56 GB free of 7.38 GB.

I have attached you a print screen with what I can see on the laptop. As you can see only only photos are visible (those from the camera roll), the other photos are...invisible.

Please help me solve this and have my photos on my laptop, I really don't wanna lose them:(

Thanks in advance,
Cori

Attachments

• iphone.JPG
    iphone.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 94
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.